Dec. 10, 2011
2011-12 Notre Dame Men’s Basketball
Notre Dame 65, Dartmouth 47
December 10, 2011
Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center o Notre Dame, Ind.
- Tonight was the fifth meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Dartmouth and the first since the 1997-98 campaign. The Irish have won all five encounters with the Big Green. Notre Dame is 43-4 all-time against Ivy League opponents.
- Jack Cooley (Jr./F), Tom Knight (Jr./F), Eric Atkins (So./G), Alex Dragicevich (So./G) and Pat Connaughton (Fr./G-F) started tonight’s contest. It was the first time that quintet has started this season. Notre Dame has used seven different starting lineups this season (11 games).
- The Fighting Irish limited the Big Green to 30.0% (15-50) shooting in the game, which is the lowest shooting percentage of the season for an Irish opponent.
- Notre Dame held Dartmouth to 26.1% (6-23) shooting in the first half. That is the lowest percentage for a Notre Dame opponent in any half this season. It marked the third time this season the Irish have held an opponent to under 30% shooting in a half. Notre Dame limited Detroit to 26.3% (10-38) shooting in the second half (Nov. 14) and Sam Houston State to 29.2% (7-24) in the first half (Nov. 16).
- Notre Dame blocked a season-high 11 shots
- An Alex Dragicevich three-pointer early in the second half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 419.
- Notre Dame led 37-24 at halftime. The Irish are 6-0 this season when leading at the intermission.
- The Fighting Irish matched a season-low total with seven turnovers. The Irish also had seven turnovers against Maryland.
- Tonight’s victory upped Notre Dame’s home win streak to 26 games. That is the second longest Irish win streak inside Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center in program history. The Fighting Irish won 45 straight at the Joyce Center from March 4, 2006-Jan. 10, 2009.
- The Irish are 61-14 (.813) in December under head coach Mike Brey.
Joey Brooks (Jr./G)
- Scored in double-figures (13 points) for the third time this season … the 13 points tied a career-high total that he’s achieved on two other occasions
Jack Cooley (Jr./F)
- Matched a career-high total with 22 points … also scored 22 points on Thursday versus Maine
- Became the first Notre Dame player to score 20-plus points in consecutive games since Ben Hansbrough netted 20-plus points in five straight last season (Feb. 23-March 10)
- Scored in double-figures for the third time this season
- Blocked a career-high four shots … previous high was two on six occasions
Alex Dragicevich (So./G)
- Scored in double-figures (15 points) for the second straight game and for the fourth time this season
Tom Knight (Jr./F)
- Scored a career-high eight points … his previous high was seven on two occasions
- Tied a career-high mark with five rebounds … also recorded five boards against UMBC on Dec. 22, 2010
- Blocked a career-high three shots … previous high was two against Gonzaga earlier this season
Scott Martin (Sr./G)
- Did not play due to a mild concussion suffered against Maine on Thursday. Martin had started the first 10 games of this season.