Jan. 13, 2004
- Tonight marked UConn’s first loss to an unranked team since Jan. 23, 1999, a 78-66 game at Boston College – ending a streak of 121 consecutive wins when facing unranked teams.
- UConn entered tonight’s action with a 201-6 record in BIG EAST regular-season (169-5) and BIG EAST Tournament games (32-1), dating back to the 1993-94 season.
- Since the start of the 1998-99 season, UConn has lost by 15-plus points only three times and they each have come versus the Irish.
- Notre Dame became the first BIG EAST team to defeat UConn multiple times in the past 11 seasons (starting in 1993-94). During that 11-year stretch, Tennessee is the only other team with multiple wins over the Huskies.
- Over the past four seasons (starting in 2000-01), half of UConn’s six losses have come vs. the Irish.
- Over the past five seasons (starting in ’99-’00), the Joyce Center is the only court to see multiple UConn losses.