NOTRE DAME, Ind. — Following a 2-0 win in the home opener against Boston College, the Notre Dame women’s soccer team continues its four-game homestand with a matchup with the Syracuse Orange on Sunday afternoon at Alumni Stadium. The Irish and the Orange will be meet for the 17th time in program history as the two schools date back to the BIG EAST days as conference foes. The Irish look to continue their home unbeaten streak on Sunday and hold an 8-0 record all-time against Syracuse at home.
ALUMNI STADIUM FAN POLICY
- Until further notice, while the University is in session during the fall semester, spectators will not be allowed at home sporting events unless otherwise specified.
- The University will monitor the health and safety of the campus and local community throughout the fall semester – working closely with health officials in formulating policies and procedures.
- All home games for women’s soccer will air on ACCN or ACCNX.
KNOW THE OPPONENT: SYRACUSE ORANGE
- Notre Dame will square off with conference foe Syracuse for the ninth straight season which dates back to the BIG EAST days for both programs.
- The Irish hold a 15-0-1 record all-time against the Orange and are 8-0 in games at Notre Dame.
- Syracuse is one of four opponents (Pitt, St. John’s, Providence) that the Irish have played 10 or more times and have not lost to.
- Notre Dame has not allowed a goal to Syracuse in the eight previous home games and hold a 23-0 goal advantage in those games.
- Last season, the Irish took down Syracuse 3-0 at home on Oct. 4 for their eighth win of the season.
- Eva Hurm scored her team-leading fifth goal of the season in the fifth minute and Luis Delgado scored in the second half to build the lead for the Irish.
- Notre Dame did not allow a shot against Syracuse as Brooke Littman tallied her fourth shutout of the season in the win.
- Syracuse enters Sunday’s game with a 0-2-0, 0-2-0 ACC record and are coming off a 3-0 road loss to Louisville this past Thursday night.
FISHER, VAN ZANTEN LEAD IRISH OVER BC
- Notre Dame kept up its winning ways in the home-opening 2-0 victory over Boston College Thursday evening.
- The Irish used a dominant first half to build an early lead thanks to goals from Sammi Fisher in the 14th minute and Kiki Van Zanten in the 35th minute.
- Van Zanten tallied her fourth goal in just three games while Fisher scored her third in as many games.
- The Irish held a 14-1 shot advantage in the first half and recorded the first 14 shots of the match.
- Mattie Interian made some key saves in the second half to preserve the shutout and she finished with three saves on the night.
- Notre Dame recorded its second consecutive shutout with the win over the Eagles.
IRISH CONTINUE HOME UNBEATEN STREAK
- With the win over the Eagles Thursday night, the Irish extended their home unbeaten streak to seven games (6-0-1) dating back to last season.
- During the streak, Notre Dame has allowed just two goals in 669 minutes of game action over those seven games.
- The Irish have picked up six shutouts during the streak and have outscored opponents 16-2 in those games.
- It is the longest home unbeaten streak since 2015-16 when the Irish went unbeaten in 12 consecutive games (12-0-0).