Aug. 30, 2007
The 119th season of Notre Dame football kicks off at 3:43 p.m. ET Saturday when the Irish play host to Georgia Tech before the 193rd consecutive sellout at Notre Dame Stadium. Notre Dame leads the all-time series with the Yellow Jackets, 27-5-1, including a 15-2 record in South Bend.
To help fans prepare for Saturday’s season opener, here’s a rundown of several key news items pertaining to activities before, during and after the game. Please note — more information may be added to this page leading up to Saturday’s kickoff.
- Notre Dame Football Weekends page — a complete rundown of all important aspects related to a home football weekend at the University of Notre Dame; this also can be accessed via the Fan Center box on the lower right corner of the main page of this site.
- Parking and ticket information, including parking maps for the 2007 season, can be accessed by clicking here.
- Gridiron Graffiti guide to events in and around South Bend this weekend; please note this also can be accessed through the “Irish Items” tab in the Fan Center box in the lower right corner of the main page.
- 11:30 a.m. — Kickoff luncheon in Joyce Center fieldhouse (north dome) featuring Irish head coach Charlie Weis and other Irish players and coaches. Ticket order form can be downloaded here.
- 6:00 p.m. — Football Pep Rally in Joyce Center arena (south dome). A limited number of tickets are available to the general public, with more information found here.