Feb. 27, 2018
NOTRE DAME, Ind. – Five former University of Notre Dame players will take part in the National Football League Scouting Combine, to be held February 27-March 5, 2018, at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
Running back Josh Adams, offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey, offensive guard Quenton Nelson, tight end Durham Smythe and wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown have each received an invitation to the prestigious event.
|2018||5||Josh Adams, Mike McGlinchey, Quenton Nelson, Durham Smythe, Equanimeous St. Brown|
|2017||3||DeShone Kizer, Jarron Jones, Isaac Rochell|
|2016||10||Chris Brown, Sheldon Day, Will Fuller, Nick Martin, Romeo Okwara, C.J. Prosise, KeiVarae Russell, Elijah Shumate, Jaylon Smith, Ronnie Stanley|
|2015||3||Kyle Brindza, DaVaris Daniels, Ben Koyack|
|2014||9||George Atkinson III, Bennett Jackson, TJ Jones, Zack Martin, Troy Niklas, Louis Nix III, Prince Shembo, Stephon Tuitt, Chris Watt|
|2013||8||Braxston Cave, Tyler Eifert, Kapron Lewis-Moore, Zeke Motta, Theo Riddick, Jamoris Slaughter, Manti Te’o, Cierre Wood|
|2012||6||Robert Blanton, Taylor Dever, Darius Fleming, Michael Floyd, Jonas Gray, Harrison Smith|
|2011||3||Armando Allen, Kyle Rudolph, Ian Williams|
|2010||5||Jimmy Clausen, Kyle McCarthy, Eric Olsen, Golden Tate, Sam Young|
|2008||4||John Carlson, Trevor Laws, John Sullivan, Tom Zbikowski|
|2007||6||Victor Abiamiri, Ryan Harris, Chinedum Ndukwe, Brady Quinn, Dan Santucci, Darius Walker|
|2006||3||Anthony Fasano, Dan Stevenson, Maurice Stovall|
|2005||3||Jerome Collins, Mike Goolsby, Ryan Grant|
|2004||7||Darrell Campbell, Vontez Duff, Glenn Earl, Cedric Hilliard, Julius Jones, Jim Molinaro, Courtney Watson|
|2003||7||Arnaz Battle, Jordan Black, Brennan Curtin, Tom Lopienski, Sean Mahan, Gerome Sapp, Shane Walton|
|2002||10||Rocky Boiman, Tony Fisher, David Givens, Tyreo Harrison, Javin Hunter, Grant Irons, Ron Isreal, John Owens, Kurt Vollers, Anthony Weaver|
|2001||4||Mike Gandy, Jabari Holloway, Dan O’Leary, Brock Williams|
|2000||2||Lamont Bryant, Jarious Jackson|
|1999||5||Autry Denson, Bobbie Howard, Kory Minor, Luke Petitgout, Jerry Wisne|
Notre Dame 2018 NFL Combine Notes
- Notre Dame has had 44 combined participants in the 2012-18 NFL Scouting Combines. Only Alabama (75), Florida State (63), LSU (63), Ohio State (54), Florida (52), USC (48) and Georgia (45) have combined for more in those seven years.
- Notre Dame’s 10 participants in the 2016 NFL Scouting Combine ranked as the second-most in the nation behind Ohio State’s 14. Alabama and UCLA were next in line with nine, while Florida, Georgia, Clemson and Auburn each had eight.
- Notre Dame has had 38 combined participants in the 2013-18 NFL Scouting Combines. Only Alabama (66), Florida State (57), LSU (55), Ohio State (50), Florida (49) and USC (41) have combined for more in those six years.
- Notre Dame’s 44 combined participants in the last seven NFL Scouting Combines almost doubles the entire Irish output (25) over the previous seven NFL Combines (2005-11).
- Nineteen schools have at least six participants in the 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. Notre Dame played 11 of those 19 schools between 2014-2017 a total of 23 times (USC five times, Stanford five times, LSU twice, Miami, Fla., twice, Texas twice, NC State twice, Virginia Tech, Florida State, Pittsburgh, Ohio State and Georgia).
- Eleven of Notre Dame’s 13 foes in 2017 have at least one participant in the 2018 NFL Scouting Combine. The 11 opponents have a combined 57 players participating in this year’s event (out of a possible 336 combine participants).
- Twenty schools have had at least 17 combined participants in the 2015-18 NFL Scouting Combines. Notre Dame played 13 of them a total of 23 times between 2014-17 (USC four times, Stanford four times, Michigan State twice, LSU twice, Miami, Fla. twice, NC State twice, Ohio State, Florida State, Clemson, Michigan, Louisville, Georgia and Virginia Tech).
- Seven of those schools rank among the top 10 in terms of NFL Combine participants since 2012. Florida State (63) and LSU (63) rank second and third. Ohio State (54) is fourth, USC (48) is sixth, Georgia (45) is seventh, Miami, Fla. (44) is tied for eighth (with Notre Dame) and Clemson (43) is 10th.
— ND —
Michael Bertsch, director of football media relations at the University of Notre Dame, has been part of the Fighting Irish athletics communications team since 2006. An Akron, Ohio, native, he graduated from Walsh University (Ohio) in 1998 with a bachelor’s degree in communications and also received his master’s degree in health and physical education with an emphasis in sports administration from Marshall University in 2001.