Sophomore Greg Davis returns as one of the top throwers for the Irish this season. His fifth-place finish in the hammer throw helped the Irish men win the 2008 BIG EAST Outdoor Championships in May. He also finished fourth in the weight throw during the indoor season. He recorded top-15 finishes in every meet he competed in as a freshman a year ago.
1. If you could be on any reality show, which would it be?
Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives
2. What is the most notable thing about your hometown?
I’m from Peachtree, Ga., where there are golf cart paths throughout the whole city.
3. What song do you love to listen to but are embarrassed to admit it?
I don’t really have one.
4. Do you have any pre-meet rituals/superstitions?
I just like to keep everything the same before a meet.
5. What is your most embarrassing moment on the track?
I don’t have one yet.
6. What is the coolest thing you had in your bedroom growing up?
A homemade dream-catcher
7. Describe your perfect day-who would you spend it with, what would you do, where would you be?
I would lay out on the beach all day long with my family, friends, and girlfriend.
8. Where is your favorite place at Notre Dame?
9. Do you have any nicknames?
No, no nicknames.
10. What is your cellphone ring right now?
“I Love College” by Asher Roth
11. If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you want to have with you?
My iPod, a Wii, and great food
12. What’s your worst habit?
Getting worried about small things on a meet day
13. Which has been the biggest meet of your career?
Winning the BIG EAST Outdoor Championships last year
14. Do you read horoscopes? If you do, do you believe in them? If not, why not?
I read them sometimes and only believe in them if it’s positive.
15. Where is the greatest place your sport has taken you?
16. If you could trade places with Coach Beltran for a day, what would you do?
I would be excited about all the free Adidas clothes.
17. When you were little, who was your favorite cartoon character?
18. If a movie was made about your life, what would the title be and who would play you?
The title would be “The Great One” and “Marky” Mark Wahlberg would play me.
19. What’s your theme song?
“Shake it Like a Salt Shaker” by The Ying Yang Twins
20. What does being part of the Fighting Irish mean to you?
Everything. Respect and Pride.