Aug. 6, 2012
NOTRE DAME, Ind. – With the 2012 home opener just four weeks away, Notre Dame volleyball has released its season ticket packages and information on the youth club, the Irish Spikers.
Season ticket packages, which offer several benefits for both individuals and families alike, are $35 for adults and $20 for seniors (55 and over) and youth (college ID and under). Families that would like to purchase tickets together can purchase a Fan Pack (4 tickets) for $70. Adult and youth prices are 50 percent off individual game prices, with the price breaking down to less than $3 per match.
Just some of the benefits with purchasing season tickets include:
- Free admission to the annual Meet the Team Dinner on August 29 at 6:30 p.m. in Club Naimoli catered by Outback Steakhouse
- A 16 oz. commemorative volleyball glass
- Two post-match Club Naimoli receptions with coaches and team members (Sept. 2 vs. Eastern Kentucky and Sept. 30 vs. Syracuse)
- Opportunity to submit messages on the video board
Notre Dame will have several promotion nights, including “Free Shirt Friday” on Sept. 14 against Xavier, Oct. 26 against Pittsburgh and Nov. 9 against Cincinnati. The Pitt match will also be called “Jam the Joyce Fieldhouse” as it will take place in the Joyce Fieldhouse as the NBA’s Indiana Pacers and Chicago Bulls will be using Purcell later that evening for an exhibition contest. The contest with the Bearcats will also be a “Pack Purcell” match, while the Kansas match on Sept. 16 will have an Irish Spiker Clinic immediately following the contest.
The Oct. 28 match against USF will be the annual Dig Pink match. Last year, the Irish raised $8,613 for the Side-Out Foundation as well as for the local Secret Sisters Society of South Bend.
Notre Dame volleyball’s official youth fan club, the Irish Spikers, is a $20 membership fee for boys and girls in the eighth grade or younger. The $20 is the same price as buying a season ticket, but offers the following benefits and can be used in lieu of a season ticket for youth:
- Spikers t-shirt
- Membership card
- Free admission to all home matches
- Two free 20-minute post-match clinics with Notre Dame coaches and student-athletes (Sept. 16 and Oct. 7)
- Locker room tour
- Pizza party
- Chance to form tunnel on court for Notre Dame starting lineups
To purchase season tickets or a spot in the Irish Spikers Club, fans can call 574-631-7356, go to und.com/tickets or visit the Murnane Family Ticket Office.
Notre Dame, led by head coach Debbie Brown, opens the 2012 season in Lincoln, Neb., when the Irish battle UCLA, St. Louis and Nebraska from Aug. 24-26.