#28 Autumn Smithers
AS A GRADUATE STUDENT
- Started and played in all 21 games on the back line for the Irish.
- Led the Irish with 1,811 minutes played and recorded two goals over the course of the season.
- Recorded her second career brace in the 2-1 comeback win on the road against Western Michigan.
- Played 90 plus minutes in 12 of the 21 games this season, including playing every minute of the final four games of the season.
- Tied a career high with 110 minutes played three times against No. 16 Louisville, No. 9 Duke and Wake Forest.
AT USF (2015-18)
HONORS & AWARDS
– United Soccer Coaches All-West Region – 2018
– All-WCC Second Team – 2018
– All-WCC Honorable Mention – 2017
– WCC All-Academic – 2017, 2018
AS A REDSHIRT JUNIOR (2018)
- Played and started all 20 games for the Dons
- Logged 1793 minutes which led the team for the second-straight year
- Finished the season with nine points on four goals and one assist
- Four goals was tied for second most on the team and a career-best
- Two of her four goals were game winning goals
- Scored her first game winner of the season in a 2-1 win over New Mexico
- Scored a goal and an assist in the 4-1 win over Pacific
- Recorded her first career multi-goal game in the 2-1 win over Saint Mary’s
- Finished the year with a career-best 20 shots, with nine on goal for a .450 shots on goal percentage
AS A REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE (2017):
- In her return to the Dons lineup she earned All-West Coast Conference Honorable Mention honors as well as West Coast Conference All-Academic accolades
- Played in and started all 20 games
- Played in all 1,908 minutes this season, good for second on the team
- Scored her first collegiate goal against Pacific on Oct. 20, came in the 30th minute and broke a scoreless tie
- Was a key part of the Dons defense that recorded three shutouts including a 1-0 win over No. 6 Cal and a 2-0 win over San Diego on Nov. 4 in the season finale
- Took seven shots on the year two on target for a .286 shot on goal percentage
- Redshirted due to injury.
AS A FRESHMAN (2015):
- Made 16 appearances with nine starts on the year
- Played a season-high 110 minutes in a season-opening 0-0 draw with Cal Poly (Aug. 21)
- Her 765 total minutes played were the third-most among USF’s non-starters
- Contributed to a USF defense that set a team record in goals against average (0.72) and tied the team record for shutouts in a season (10)
- USF’s 10 shutouts tied for second in the conference
- Helped the Dons’ defense rank third in the WCC in goals allowed (15) and goals against average (0.72)
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Three-year letterwinner at Joseph A. Gregori High School
- Named league MVP
- Won the team Jaguar Award
- Also lettered in volleyball, basketball, and track
- Played club soccer with Modesto Ajax and West Coast Soccer Club
- Born in Modesto, Calif.
- Parents are Brett and Lynette Smithers
- Majoring in biology
- Aspires to a career in lab research