2019-20 Women's Soccer Roster
#5 Alexis Martel-Lamothe
Hometown Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
High School Collage Catholique Samuel-Genest
AS A SENIOR
- Played in 15 games and started 12 after battling injuries in her senior season.
- Tallied one goal, two points and 689 minutes played over the 15 games.
- Scored her goal on the road against No. 7 South Carolina to bring the Irish within one.
- Martel-Lamothe tallied a season-high 73 minutes against the Gamecocks.
AS A JUNIOR
- Appeared in all 18 games and made 13 starts during her junior campaign.
- Notched her first assist of the season on Karin Muya’s opening goal in the 2-1 win over No. 21 NC State.
- Recorded her second assist in as many games to tie the game at 1-1 against No. 4 North Carolina.
AS A SOPHOMORE
- Appeared in five games.
- Took two shots, including one on goal.
AS A FRESHMAN
- Started five of the 19 games she appeared in.
- Recorded her first career goal in a 1-0 victory against NC State (Sept. 22).
- Had eight shots on goal and just 12 shots total for a shots-on-goal percentage of .667.
- Scored the game winner on her first career goal against NC State (Sept. 22).
- Earned a monogram.
CLUB/NATIONAL TEAM HIGHLIGHTS
- Member of Canada’s Elite National Program, REX (Regional EXCEL Women’s Program).
- Member of Quèbec REX since April 2015, played with Ontario REX from May 2014 to March 2015.
- Selected to Canada U20 Women’s National Team for the 2015 CONCACAF Championship, winning silver and a bid to the 2016 FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup.
- Called up to U23 national camp as center back in May 2015.
- Played with the Quèbec Senior Selection Team against France Sr. WNT in Laval, Quèbec.
- Selected to the Ontario Soccer Association U15 and U16 Provincial Teams and co-captained Team Ontario.
- U15 Provincial Team went 4-0-0 in international contests in France.
- Co-captained Ontario U15 All-Star Team to gold medal win at Nationals Tournament in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
PREP AND PERSONAL
- Graduated early from Collège Catholique Samuel-Genest in February 2016.
- Daughter of Henri Lamothe and France Martel.
- Has two older sisters, Pascale and Dominique.
- Sister Dominique is a track and field athlete at the University of Ottawa.
- Sister Pascale played water polo at the University of Ottawa.
- Was selected as the most outstanding student in Biology in Grade 12.
- Full name is Alexis Muriel Martel-Lamothe.
- Majoring in Music and Psychology.