#19 Makenna Pearsall
- 2019 Tewaaraton Award Watch List
- 2019 IWLCA Academic Honor Roll
- 2018 IWLCA Academic Honor Roll
- 2019 ACC Academic Honor Roll
- 2018 ACC Academic Honor Roll
- 2017 ACC Academic Honor Roll
- 2016 ACC Academic Honor Roll
- Started all seven games for the Irish while serving as team captain.
- Part of an Irish defensive unit that ranked second in the nation with a mark of 7.29 goals allowed per game.
- Tied for a team-high 11 caused turnovers and ranked second on the Irish with 12 ground balls.
- Netted a goal vs. Boston College (March 7) and at Vandy (March 11).
AS A SENIOR:
- Played and started 18 games for the Irish.
- Led the team with 25 caused turnovers and 1.39 caused turnovers per game.
- Added 29 ground balls and recorded multiple ground balls in nine contests.
- Scored a goal in a 21-4 victory over Canisius on Feb. 10.
- Part of an Irish defense that was among the nation’s leaders at 8.05 goals allowed per game.
AS A JUNIOR:
- One of three players to start all 19 games on the back line for the Irish.
- Second in caused turnovers (22) and third in ground balls (26) among Irish defenders.
- Recorded multiple ground balls in eight games this season.
- Set a career high with four ground balls in the home win over No. 18 Duke.
- Limited opponents to less than 10 goals eight times this season and the Irish are 7-1 in those games.
- Held opponents to two goals or less in a half six times this season and the team is 5-1 in those games.
- Tied a career high twice this season with three caused turnovers against Elon and No. 24 Virginia Tech.
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Started 12 games for the Irish.
- Scored five goals, recorded 12 ground balls, collected six draw controls and caused five turnovers.
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Did not play due to injury.
PREP AND PERSONAL: Graduated from Wilton High School in the spring of 2015 … lettered all four years of high school in lacrosse, and lettered three years in soccer and basketball … helped lacrosse team to a Class M championship her junior year, the Class M final her freshman, sophomore and senior years … served as captain of the lacrosse, basketball and soccer teams her senior year … led the lacrosse team in ground balls, caused turnovers, goals, and assists … named a U.S. Lacrosse All-American … tied the school record for the most draw controls in one season (118) set by her sister, Casey … named to the 2015 MSG Tri-State team … named 2015 MSG all-Connecticut … played on the Newlax lacrosse club team … helped her team to The Rise tournament title in 2013 … participated on the Under Armour New England Girls 2014 team … AP scholar with honors … helped the basketball team become Class LL state champions for the first time in history during her senior year and broke the school record of most consecutive wins (20) … this team was also named Team of the Year by The Norwalk Hour … honored as the basketball team’s Most Improved Player and Co-MVP her senior season … helped the soccer team the a state final in her senior year … honored with leadership award her junior and senior years … Wilton High School Wind Ensemble officer and marching band squad leader … member of the National Honor Society … full name is Makenna Wright Pearsall … born in Greenwich, Connecticut to Steve and Karen Pearsall … father, Steve, played lacrosse at Notre Dame where he served as captain in 1984 … sister, Casey, played lacrosse at Notre Dame.