#16 Cassie Ford
- 2019 IWLCA Academic Honor Roll
- 2018 ACC Academic Honor Roll
- 2017 ACC Academic Honor Roll
AS A SENIOR:
- Saw action in three games for the Irish in 2020.
- Netted a goal in Notre Dame’s 24-4 victory over Central Michigan (Feb. 16).
AS A JUNIOR:
- Recorded three goals and three assists in 10 games played for the Irish.
- Added seven draw controls, four ground balls and four caused turnovers.
- Posted a career-high five points (3G, 2A) and five draw controls in a 27-0 win over Kent State on Feb. 24
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Played in seven games for the Irish.
- Tallied one goal, one assist and seven draw controls in her second season.
- Tied a career high in goals with one in the road win against Jacksonville.
- Tied a career high in assists with one in the road win against Stetson.
- Also set a career high with four draw controls against Stetson.
- Totaled two draw controls against No. 9 Northwestern.
AS A FRESHMAN:
- Played in six games for the Irish.
- Scored one goal, tallied two assists, recorded one ground ball and caused one turnover.
PREP and PERSONAL: Graduated from Oak Knoll School in May of 2016 … lettered all four years in lacrosse and once in soccer and basketball … started on the varsity roster as a freshman … was the recipient of the Outstanding First Year Player award for soccer in the fall of 2012 and in the spring of 2013 for lacrosse … helped lead the lacrosse team to the New Jersey Prep State Championship in 2013, 2015 and 2016 … also helped lead the team to a New Jersey Group 1 State Championship in 2013, 2015 and 2016 … was a member of the New Jersey Under Armour underclassmen lacrosse team in 2013 and 2015 … was the recipient of Most Improved Player on the varsity basketball team her sophomore year … started seven lacrosse games before a season-ending ACL tear her sophomore year … returned from the ACL tear her junior season and helped lead the team to a 2015 New Jersey Group 1 state championship … scored 79 goals and had 31 assists … earned US Lacrosse High School All-American honors as a junior … was also selected New Jersey All-State third team … snagged 80 goals, 35 assists and 110 points … selected as a first team all-league, all-conference, and All-American as a senior … named team captain prior to her senior year … honored as the Oak Knoll School Athlete of the Year at the conclusion of her senior season … led her team to the Tournament of Champions in 2013, 2015 and 2016 … led the team in every statistical category as a senior … member of the STEPS Elite ’16 team, which medaled at the U15 National Club Championships in Orlando, Fla. … was a mentor/coach for New Jersey’s Special Olympics track/field program … was the recipient of the Oak Knoll School Bridget Gibbons Award which is given to the one junior who exemplifies character, leadership and dedication … volunteered at The Food Bank of New Jersey … full name is Cassandra Ellen Ford … born in Summit, N.J., to Steven and Amanda Ford … father was the captain of the football team at Middlebury College … brother played lacrosse at Middlebury College … one sister played lacrosse at the College of Holy Cross in Massachusetts, while her other sister played lacrosse at Catholic University.