2020-21 Women's Basketball Roster
#22 Danielle Cosgrove
Hometown Holbrook, NY
High School Sachem East
- Points: 12 (vs Michigan St, 11/14/19)
- Rebounds: 8 (vs Loyola MD, 11/8/19)
- Field Goals Made: 3, 4x (last vs North Carolina, 2/27/20)
- Field Goals Attempted: 8, 2x (last vs Tennessee, 11/11/19)
- 3PT FG’s Made: 3 (vs North Carolina, 2/27/20)
- 3PT FG’s Attempted: 5, 2x (last vs Pitt, 2/9/20)
- Free Throws Made: 5 (vs Michigan St, 11/14/19)
- Free Throws Attempted: 8 (vs Michigan St, 11/14/19)
- Assists: 4 (vs Pitt, 2/9/20)
- Blocks: 3 (vs WKU, 12/19/18)
- Steals: 3 (at Boston College, 2/13/20)
- Minutes: 26 (at UConn, 12/8/19)
- Double-figure scoring: 1
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2019-20)
- Played in all 31 games, including four starts. Averaged 13.0 minutes.
- Averaged 2.8 ppg and 1.9 rpg.
- Contributed from three: Connected from deep in five of the last nine games of the season. Shot 8-of-20 in that span (.400).
- Went off from beyond the arc in the second quarter vs. UNC on Feb. 27. Cosgrove hit a career high three treys in a three-minute span, finishing with nine points in the game.
- Collected a career high three steals at Boston College on Feb. 13.
- Went back-to-back games with a three for the Irish: After hitting a critical three in the 2nd half at Wake Forest on Feb. 6, Cosgrove went 2-for-5 from beyond the arc vs Pitt on Feb. 9. She also dished out a career high four assists to go with her eight points.
- Played a career high 26 minutes at No. 4 UConn, logging a made three and three rebounds.
- Notched her first career start at No. 21 Michigan (11/25), tallying four points.
- Broke out against No. 16 Michigan State (11/14) with a career high 12 points, including a career best 5-for-8 day from the free-throw line.
- Reeled in a career best eight rebounds against Loyola Maryland in the home opener on Nov. 8.
- Opened the season in Fordham, less than an hour away from her hometown. Collected two points, one block and two boards.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2018-19)
- Played in 27-of-39 games, averaging 4.9 minutes. Scored in 10 appearances.
- Made her NCAA Tournament debut on March 23 vs Bethune-Cookman, knocking down a trey.
- Followed that with yet another trey in the final minutes of ND’s Second Round matchup vs Michigan State (3/25) – marked her 9th of the year.
- Earned her 6th block on the year at Tennessee (1/24).
- Played double-digit minutes in back-to-back games the week of Dec. 16, tallying 11 points, 5 rebounds and 4 blocks in that span. Cosgrove collected a career best 3 blocks and 2 assists against WKU.
- Had her best game to date against Binghamton (12/16), posting season highs in minutes (13), points (6), rebounds (3) and made threes (2). Also collected her first collegiate block and steal.
- Knocked down her first three-pointer in win over No. 14 Iowa (11/29), tallying 3 points in 6 minutes.
- Made her Irish debut vs Penn (11/12), where she earned her first collegiate basket.
- Played 11 minutes vs Drake, where she collected her first collegiate rebound.
- Attended Sachem East High School
- Ranked 64th overall and 12th by position in 2018 class
- Accumulated 1,573 career points, second most in her school’s history, and broke the record for career rebounds with 1,037.
- Just the ninth player in Sachem history, both East and North, to reach 1,000 career points
- Tallied an impressive 53 career double-doubles out of a possible 82 games.
- Tied the school record for 38 points in a single game and set a new single-game rebound record with 22
- Averaged a double-double as a senior, with 21.1 points and 11.7 rebounds. Also averaged 2.1 blocks.
- Connected on 36-of-99 (.364) from three-point range as senior, while converting 52.0 percent from inside the arc.
- Also averaged a double-double as a junior with 17.3 points and 10.7 rebounds and as a sophomore with 22.8 points and 12.7 rebounds
- Played for the Philadelphia Belles
- 2018 Miss New York nominee
- 2018 McDonald’s All-America nominee
- 2017 First Team All-Long Island selection
- 2016 NYSSWA Fifth-Team AA All-State
- 2016 USA U17 Team Trials
- 2015 USA U16 Team Trials