2018-19 Men's Lacrosse Roster
#28 Charlie Trense
Weight 205 lbs.
Hometown Atlanta, GA
High School The Westminster Schools
AS A SENIOR (2019)
- Played in all 16 games for the Irish as a defenseman, specializing in man-down defense, during his senior season with the Irish.
- Caused three turnovers and scooped up four ground balls.
AS A JUNIOR (2018)
- Appeared in 11 games for the Irish in 2018.
- Recovered two ground balls and forced two turnovers, including one of each in the home-opener against Detroit Mercy (2/11/18).
AS A SOPHOMORE (2017)
- Played in two games during his second season with the Irish as a defenseman
- Made his Notre Dame debut in the win over Michigan (2/26)
AS A FRESHMAN (2016)
- Did not see action in his freshman season with the Irish due to an injury
PREP & PERSONAL
- Earned 11 varsity letters overall at The Westminster Schools (Atlanta, Georgia) competing in lacrosse, wrestling and football
- Two-time U.S. Lacrosse High School All-American in 2014 and 2015
- First Team All-Georgia in 2014 and 2015
- Led Wildcats to pair of lacrosse state titles in 2013 and 2015
- Invited to five showcases, including Jake Reed’s Nike Blue Chip and Maverik Showtime
- Maverik Showtime All-Star and Vail Shootout Tournament All-Star in 2015 for tournament champion Baltimore Crabs
- Three-year letterman in football at Westminster and team MVP as senior
- First Team All-State, All-Region and All-City linebacker
- Broke school’s single-season record for tackles with 128
- Recipient of Atlanta Falcons “Captain in the Community” award
- Earned 130 varsity wins with wrestling team
- Finished in top two on team in wins, points and takedowns as sophomore, junior and senior
- Finished third in state meet as senior in 170-pound category
- Wrestling Academic All-America selection
- Captain of lacrosse, football and wrestling squads as senior
- Received Westminster’s Best All-Around Male Athlete Award as senior in 2014-15
- Son of Chuck and Cathy Trense
- Has a sister Elizabeth
- National Merit Scholarship finalist, National AP Scholar and AP Scholar with Distinction
- Head of Discipline Council and recipient of Turman Leadership Award at Westminster
- Named Kaneb Family Scholar
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business as a finance major. Also, an applied and computational mathematics and statistics major with a minor in peace studies