#28 Jack Jenkins
AS A SENIOR
• Named an alternate captain prior to the start of the season.
• Scored his first career shorthanded goal at Omaha (Oct. 19) to seal Notre Dame’s 4-1 win.
• Had a goal and an assist in Notre Dame’s 6-2 win at Michigan (Nov. 10).
• Had an assist on Cal Burke’s game-winning goal against RPI (Nov. 30).
• Scored the lone goal in Notre Dame’s 2-1 loss to Minnesota (Jan. 12).
AS A JUNIOR
• Notched his first point of the season with an assist against Sacred Heart (Oct. 19).
• Scored his first goal of the season in Notre Dame’s 5-4 win over Omaha (Oct. 27).
• Added the empty net tally to seal Notre Dame’s 5-3 win over Penn State (Nov. 10).
• Score game-winning goal with 31 seconds remaining in B1G semifinal victory over Penn State (March 10).
• Posted the second assist on Jake Evan’s game-winning goal against Michigan to send the Irish to the National Championship game (April 5).
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Notched his first goal of the season in Notre Dame’s 6-2 win over UConn (Oct. 28).
• Scored the game winner in Notre Dame’s 4-1 win over Alaska (Jan. 1), his second career game winner.
• Then scored the game winner in Notre Dame’s next game, a 3-1 victory over Michigan Tech (Jan. 6).
• Assisted on Anders Bjork’s third period game winner in Notre Dame’s 2-1 victory at Merrimack (Jan. 13).
• Scored the opening goal in Notre Dame’s 3-2 win over Maine (Feb. 10).
• Also scored the opening goal in Notre Dame’s 4-1 win over 10th-ranked Providence (Feb. 17).
• Scored in Notre Dame’s game one win over Providence College in the Hockey East quarterfinals (March 10) and added an assist for his first career multi-point game.
• Scored in the Hockey East semifinal loss to UMass Lowell (March 17).
• Finished the season with seven goals and five assists for a total of 12 points.
AS A FRESHMAN
• Skated in 28 games, scored two goals and added two assists for four points.
• After playing in seven of the first 16 games of the season, worked his way into the lineup for the final 21 games of the season.
• Registered his first career point by scoring Notre Dame’s opening goal at then third-ranked Boston College (Dec. 10) in what turned out to be a 4-3 Irish victory.
• Notched his first career assist in Notre Dame’s 7-1 win over Western Michigan (Jan. 8).
• Scored the game-winning goal midway through the third period in Notre Dame’s 4-1 victory over Maine (Feb. 12).
IN THE USHL
• Joined the Irish after three seasons in the United States Hockey League (USHL).
• Played for the Bloomington Thunder and the Fargo Force during the 2014-15 campaign.
• In 39 games with the Thunder, scored 10 goals and added 14 assists for 24 points and was the team’s leading scorer before being traded to Fargo.
• In 14 games with Fargo, scored four goals and notched seven assists for 11 points.
• Combined for 35 points (14-21-35) in 53 games in 2014-15 as well as 14 penalty minutes.
• Played for the Des Moines Buccaneers in 2012-13 and 2013-14.
• In his rookie season, played in 62 games and totaled five goals and 21 assists for 26 points.
• Also had 34 penalty minutes.
• During the 2013-14 season, recorded 23 points (8-15-23) as well as a career-high 41 penalty minutes.
• In 174 career USHL games, recorded 27 goals and 57 assists for 84 points.
PREP & PERSONAL:
- A product of the Chicago Young Americans Amateur Hockey Association, where he played at the U-16 and U-18 levels.
- Graduated from Lake Forest High School.
- Full name is John Fletcher Jenkins IV.
- Son of Fletcher and Kathryn Jenkins.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business and is studying finance.
Goals: 1 (15x – vs. Minnesota 1/12/19)
Assists: 1 (26x – vs. Penn State 3/1/19)
Points: 2 (2x – at Michigan 11/10/18)
Multi-point games: 2
Point Streak: 3 games (2x; Feb. 23 – March 10, 2018)
Most Recent Goal: vs. Minnesota 1/12/19