SOPHOMORE SEASON (2019-20) *Cut short due to Covid-19 in March
- Was 1-of-the-5 regular Irish lineup members in the fall whom spearheaded the record breaking four tournament title wins in five events and a top-10 national ranking.
- Contributing member to the 2019-20 squad who set a new program record for season stroke average with 282.26 strokes per round.
- Recorded the 10th lowest season stroke average in program history with 72.37 strokes/round. Played in all 19 possible rounds, spanning seven tournaments.
- Finished 16-over par overall on the year, averaging 217.0 strokes per tournament.
- Earned three top-25 finishes.
- Best showing came at the Windon Memorial where he finished in 16th
- Produced a career low round of 68 in the first round at the Windon Memorial.
- Recorded a 54-hole tournament low of 210 (-6) at the Quail Valley Collegiate.
- Counted 13-of-19 rounds toward the team’s score.
- Tallied five rounds under-par and three at even-par.
- Averaged 11.29 strokes off the tournament leader.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2018-19):
- Averaged 73.17 strokes over 29 rounds spanning 10 tournaments.
- Produced one top-10 and three top-25 finishes.
- Best finish came at The Schenkel, in which he produced a 7th place showing with a 213 (-3).
- Competed in the Irish lineup in 10 tournaments.
- Led the Irish at the OTC Collegiate, where he finished in 12th place with a 206 (-4).
- Produced both his lowest round (68) and tournament score (206) of the year at the OTC Collegiate.
- Shot a 213 (E) at the Fighting Irish Classic.
- Averaged 71.9 strokes in second rounds only.
- 23 of his 29 rounds counted toward the team score (.793).
- Shot 10 rounds under par, which tied for the second most on the team.
- Played six years of golf at Catholic Memorial, guiding the school to two State Championships and one South Sectional title.
- Three-time All-Scholastic Boston Globe & Boston Herald honoree
- Five-time conference all-star
- 2016 Boston Globe Player of the Year
- Received the Pope John Paull II Award & the John D. Mineck Spirit Award
- Member of the National Honor Society
- Member of the Rho Kappa History Honor Society
- Achieved Cum Laude on the National Latin Exam
- Highlight of prep career was making match play in the US Junior Amateur
Notable Prep Tournaments:
- Five top-10 finishes in AJGA events
- Golfweek ranking was 47th for Class of 2018
- USGA Boys Junior Amateur Championship – finished 25th out of 156
- Massachusetts 99th Junior Amateur Championship – 2nd out of 112
- AJGA Penn State PA – 6th out of 51
- New England Junior Invitational in Dover – 4th place
- AJGA The Ranch Southwick – 3rd place
- 2016 Computer Merchant Championship – 1st place
- Born in Boston
- Son of Brian & Traci O’Leary
- Has one older brother
- Enjoys hockey and fishing
- Favorite athlete is Tom Brady
- Father, Brian, played golf at Boston College (Class of ’90)
Coach Handrigan on O’Leary:
“When I evaluated Andrew at the U.S Junior I knew immediately that he’s a perfect fit for Notre Dame Golf. He’s extremely talented, loves the game, and most importantly, Andrew has strong character and will be a great teammate.”
|Year||Tournaments||Rounds||Counted||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 54||Top Finish – Event|
|2018-19||10||29||23/29||2,122||73.17||68 (-2)||206 (-4)||7th (The Schenkel)|
|2019-20||7||19||13/19||1,375||72.37||68 (-3)||210 (-6)||16th (Windon Memorial)|
|Career||17||48||36/48||3,497||72.85||68 (-3)||210 (-6)||
7th (The Schenkel)