2019-20 Men's Golf Roster
Hometown Potomac, MD
High School Georgetown Preparatory School
SENIOR SEASON (2019-20) *Cut short due to Covid-19 in March
- Was 1-of-the-5 regular Irish lineup members in the fall whom spearheaded the record breaking four tournament title wins in five events and a top-10 national ranking.
- Contributing member to the 2019-20 squad who set a new program record for season stroke average with 282.26 strokes per round.
- Recorded the seventh lowest season stroke average in program history with 72.21 strokes/round. Played in all 19 possible rounds, spanning seven tournaments.
- Finished 13-over par overall on the year, averaging 216.83 strokes per tournament.
- Earned four top-25 finishes, two top-10s and one top-five.
- His nine-under par (207) at the Quail Valley Collegiate ranked as the eighth lowest 54-hole score in program history – also marked a career low stroke total.
- Tied for fourth place at the Inverness Intercollegiate with a 214 (+1), marking his best career showing when competing in a tournament with a 10+ team field. Lamb notched a final round 69 (-2) in which he recorded four birdies over a six-hole span.
- Recorded a career low round of 67 in the second round of the Quail Valley Collegiate.
- Counted 13-of-19 rounds toward the team’s score.
- Tallied nine rounds under-par and one more at even-par.
- Averaged 10.86 strokes off the tournament leader.
- Tied for the third lowest career stroke average in program history at 72.77 strokes/round.
- Finished with five career top-10 showings and one career top-five.
JUNIOR SEASON (2018-19):
- Averaged 72.97 strokes over 32 rounds spanning 11 tournaments.
- Produced four top-25 finishes.
- Best finish was a 13th place showing at The Schenkel after shooting a 215 (-1).
- Also finished under-par with a 142 (-2) at the Boilermaker Invitational in an 18th place effort.
- Low round of 67 (-5) at the Augusta Haskins Award Invitational.
- Competed in the team lineup in 10 tournaments. Led the Irish at the Badger Invitational with a 16th place showing after shooting a 218 (+2).
- 23 of his 29 rounds counted toward the team score (.793).
- Tied for the second most rounds under-par on the team with 10.
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2017-18):
- Top Irish individual at: Mobile Sports, Clemson Inv. and ACC Championships
- Best finishes: T-7th at the Clemson Invitational (T-7th, +2) // T-8th at Mobile Sports (213, -3), T-23rd at Schenkel (215, -1) // T-8th at ACC Championships (207, -9)
- Low 54-hole score of -9 tied for fourth lowest tournament score all-time in program history. His 207, -9, was the best score at the ACC Championships for an Irish player in program history.
- Low round of 68 – 3rd Rounds at both Badger Invitational and ACC Championships
- Co-led team with three top-10 finishes, including the last two tournaments. Also nabbed four top-25 finishes – all of which came in the spring
- Produced the third lowest stroke average on the team at 72.48. Was the sixth lowest all-time in program history
- Finished +19 vs par on the year
- Four of his last six rounds were under par
- Recorded the second best spring average with 72.24. Was +6 vs par on the spring
- Currently ranks 1st all-time in career stroke average at 72.85
FRESHMAN SEASON (2016-17):
- Competed in eight tournaments, including every spring event.
- Had one top-five finish, one top-10 finish, and two top-25 finishes.
- Finished first among his teammates in three events: The Maui Jim Invitational (Sept. 23-25), Schenkel Invitational (March 17-19) and the Seattle U Redhawk Invitational (April 3-4).
- Had a top-10 finish at Chambers Bay, site of the Seatte U Redhawk Inivitational, with a 215 (+3).
- Went 3-0, including winning the championship-clinching match on the 18th hole, as the Irish claimed the Yestingsmeier Match Play event (Feb. 13-14).
- Tied for fourth place at the Battle of the Warren (April 15) for his best finish of the season, scoring a 146 (+6).
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Ranked as the No. 1 Maryland player according to Golfweek, and #50 in Class of 2016.
- Tied for fourth at the 2015 Middle Atlantic Amateur Tournament.
- Led the Washington team to victory at the 2015 Baltimore-Washington Junior Team Match.
- Tied for fourth at 2015 Maryland State Junior Amateur.
- Placed second at 2015 Middle Atlantic Junior Amateur.
- Finished second at 2015 The Optimist Junior Championship.
- Won the 2014 FCWT at Duke University.
- Won the 2014 WMGA Bob Riley Memorial Tournament with a final round three-under par 69.
- Semi-finalist at 95th WMGA Metropolitan Amateur in 2014.
- Selected to represent Maryland in the 2014 Mid-Atlantic Junior Invitational.
- Tied for third at the 2014 AJGA Philadelphia Junior Tournament.
- Was the 2014 Congressional Country Club Junior Club Champion.
- Tied for third at the 2014 Maryland State Junior Amateur Tournament.
- Earned 2014 Washington Post All-Met Honorable Mention honors.
- Medalist at 2014 D.C. Scholastic Golf Association Championships, leading Georgetown Prep to first-place team finish.
- Second at 2014 AJGA Preseason at The Foundry.
- Won the 2014 IJGT Capitol Challenge at Westfields with one-under final round 70.
- Awarded Player of the Year, All-American Honors on Pinehurst’s Winternational Junior Tour in 2014.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.
|Year||Tournaments||Rounds||Count||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 54||Top Finish (Field)- Event|
|2016-17||9||25||16/20||1,830||73.20||68 (-3)||212 (-1)||4th (Battle at the Warren)|
|2017-18||8||23||17/20||1,667||72.48||68 (-4)||207 (-9)||T-7th (Clemson Invitational)|
|2018-19||11||32||23/29||2,335||72.97||67 (-5)||214 (+4)||13th (The Schenkel)|
|2019-20||7||19||13/19||1,372||72.21||67 (-5)||207 (-9)||4th (Inverness Intercollegiate)|
|Career||35||99||69/88||7,204||72.77||67 (-5)||207 (-9)||4th (Inverness Intercollegiate)|