FRESHMAN SEASON (2018-19):
- Averaged 73.17 strokes over 29 rounds spanning 10 tournaments.
- Produced one top-10 and three top-25 finishes.
- Best finish came at The Schenkel, in which he produced a 7th place showing with a 213 (-3).
- Competed in the Irish lineup in 10 tournaments.
- Led the Irish at the OTC Collegiate, where he finished in 12th place with a 206 (-4).
- Produced both his lowest round (68) and tournament score (206) of the year at the OTC Collegiate.
- Shot a 213 (E) at the Fighting Irish Classic.
- Averaged 71.9 strokes in second rounds only.
- 23 of his 29 rounds counted toward the team score (.793).
- Shot 10 rounds under par, which tied for the second most on the team.
- Played six years of golf at Catholic Memorial, guiding the school to two State Championships and one South Sectional title.
- Three-time All-Scholastic Boston Globe & Boston Herald honoree
- Five-time conference all-star
- 2016 Boston Globe Player of the Year
- Received the Pope John Paull II Award & the John D. Mineck Spirit Award
- Member of the National Honor Society
- Member of the Rho Kappa History Honor Society
- Achieved Cum Laude on the National Latin Exam
- Highlight of prep career was making match play in the US Junior Amateur
Notable Prep Tournaments:
- Five top-10 finishes in AJGA events
- Golfweek ranking was 47th for Class of 2018
- USGA Boys Junior Amateur Championship – finished 25th out of 156
- Massachusetts 99th Junior Amateur Championship – 2nd out of 112
- AJGA Penn State PA – 6th out of 51
- New England Junior Invitational in Dover – 4th place
- AJGA The Ranch Southwick – 3rd place
- 2016 Computer Merchant Championship – 1st place
- Born in Boston
- Son of Brian & Traci O’Leary
- Has one older brother
- Enjoys hockey and fishing
- Favorite athlete is Tom Brady
- Father, Brian, played golf at Boston College (Class of ’90)
Coach Handrigan on O’Leary:
“When I evaluated Andrew at the U.S Junior I knew immediately that he’s a perfect fit for Notre Dame Golf. He’s extremely talented, loves the game, and most importantly, Andrew has strong character and will be a great teammate.”
|Year||Tournaments||Rounds||Counted||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 36||Top 54||Top Finish – Event|
|2018-19||10||29||23/29||2,122||73.17||68 (-2)||155 (+11)||206 (-4)||7th (The Schenkel)|
|Career||10||29||23/29||2,122||73.17||68 (-2)||155 (+11)||206 (-4)||
7th (The Schenkel)