2020-21 Football Roster
#20 Shaun Crawford
Height 5-9 1/8
Hometown Lakewood, OH
High School St. Edward
HONORS & AWARDS
- Team Captain (2020)
- CoSIDA Mayo Clinic Comeback Player of the Year Honorable Mention (2019)
- Gameball recipient: Louisville (10/17)
GRADUATE SEASON (2020)
- Named a team captain in 2020.
- Started at S and posted four tackles and recovered a fumble in the season-opening win vs. Duke (9/12). His fumble recovery set up a touchdown drive for the Irish.
- Started in the 52-0 win vs. South Florida (9/19).
- Started and posted three tackles (all solo), one INT (returned 23 yards) and two PBU in the win vs. Florida State (10/10).
- Crawford tallied the first interception of the season for the Irish in the fourth quarter as he intercepted Florida State QB Jordan Travis at the Notre Dame goal line to prevent a score. The interception helped seal the game for the Irish. It was the fifth interception of his career, and his second-career forced or recovered turnover inside the Notre Dame five-yard line.
- Crawford, playing safety this season and a team captain, was called to start at cornerback vs. Florida State, switching positions to accommodate for team need.
- Crawford made several impact plays, including coverage on a third-down pass from Jordan Travis to Camren McDonald in the first quarter, which fell incomplete and forced a Florida State punt.
- Received the game ball for his performance in the 12-7 win vs. Louisville (10/17)… Led the team in tackles with six, adding 1.0 TFL (-4) and a pass breakup…also executed a crucial pass breakup, punching the ball out of the receiver’s hands, to end the third quarter and stall Louisville’s drive.
GRADUATE SEASON (2019)
- Played in 11 games, making eight starts, while overcoming a dislocated elbow suffered against Virginia
- Named an honorable mention selection by CoSIDA Mayo Clinic Comeback Player of the Year
- Returned after missing just two games and finished the season with 28 tackles, one TFL, an interception, two pass break-ups and a QB hurry
- Made a season-high five tackles against Virginia Tech
- Intercepted a pass against New Mexico
SENIOR SEASON (2018)
- Did not see action after suffering knee injury during fall camp
JUNIOR SEASON (2017)
- Saw action in 12 games and started one contest (vs. Navy)
- Registered 32 total tackles, including 20 solo stops
- Added 1.5 TFLs, 1.5 sacks, seven passes defended, five pass breakups, one forced fumble, two fumble recoveries and two interceptions
- Recorded two interceptions and recovered a fumble in the victory over Boston College (Sept. 16)
- Registered two tackles, one PBU, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery at Michigan State (Sept. 23)
- The forced fumble and fumble recovery against the Spartans came at the Notre Dame one-yard line to prevent an MSU touchdown
- Picked up five tackles, one sack and one PBU at North Carolina (Oct. 7)
- Recorded a career-best seven tackles against Navy (Nov. 18)
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2016)
- Started the first two games of the season (Texas and Nevada) before suffering a torn achilles tendon in the win over the Wolf
- Injury sidelined him for the second straight season
- Recorded a career-best five tackles at Texas (Sept. 4)
- Had one interception at Texas and returned it 22 yards
- Recorded a blocked PAT return for two points against the Longhorns
FRESHMAN SEASON (2015)
- Suffered a torn ACL in August that resulted in season-ending knee surgery
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA
- Named to USA Today American Family Insurance All-USA Ohio Football Team as defensive back
- Rated 63rd player in nation and sixth cornerback on Rivals.com 250 list
- Listed as 113th player nationally on PrepStar Top 150 Dream Team
- Rated 115th player in nation and 20th athlete on 247Sports Top 247 list and 169th overall and 13th athlete on ESPN 300 list
- Ranked 116th player nationally and 16th cornerback on Scout 300 list
- Rated 85th player nationally on Tom Lemming’s Top 300 list
- First-team Associated Press All-Ohio Division I all-state selection as a defensive back
- Named a Cleveland Plain-Dealer Defensive All-Star at defensive back
- Made 91 tackles, broke up 17 passes, had eight tackles for loss, seven interceptions and three forced fumbles as senior cornerback in 2014 at St. Edward High School in Lakewood, Ohio
- Caught 54 passes for 824 yards, nine touchdowns and 15.3-yard-per-catch average as receiver in 2014
- Four-year starter helped St. Edward to 13-2 record in 2014 and Ohio Division I state title
- Sixth-ranked St. Edward knocked off seventh-rated Huber Heights Wayne 31-21 in title game, as he contributed four tackles, two catches for 14 yards and three carries for 21 yards
- Made 82 tackles, eight tackles for loss and two interceptions as junior in 2013
- Rushed for 808 yards, caught 16 passes for 258 yards and scored 10 TDs
- Outstanding track and field prospect who competed in long jump, 4×100 and 4×400 relays, and 60, 100 and 200 meters at St. Edward
- Helped St. Edward to Ohio outdoor prep title in 4×100 relay as freshman in 2012 at 41.79
- Has bests of 6.93 in 60, 10.54 in 100, 21.47 in 200 and 22-7.75 in long jump
- Played in Under Armour All-American Bowl in St. Petersburg, Florida
- Enrolled in the College of Arts and Letters, majoring in design and minoring in business economics