2020-21 Football Roster
#56 Howard Cross III
Height 6-0 7/8
Hometown Paramus, NJ
High School Saint Joseph Regional
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2020)
- Did not participate vs. Duke (9/12).
- Posted a tackle and a QB hurry in the 52-0 win vs. South Florida (9/19).
- Marked a tackle in the win vs. Florida State (10/10).
- Posted two tackles (one solo) in the 12-7 win vs. Louisville (10/17).
FRESHMAN SEASON (2019)
- Played in four games as a rookie — New Mexico, Bowling Green, Michigan and Navy
- Recorded seven tackles on the year, including five against the Midshipmen
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA
- No. 336 overall player nationally, No. 25 strongside defensive end nationally and No. 8 player from New Jersey by 247Sports.com
- No. 54 defensive end nationally and No. 11 player from New Jersey by ESPN.com
- No. 27 strongside defensive end nationally and No. 8 player from New Jersey by Rivals.com
- Recorded 76 tackles, 22.0 TFLs, 9.5 sacks, two fumble recoveries, two passes defended and one forced fumble as a senior in 2018
- Career stats: 218 tackles, 45.0 TFLs, 22.0 sacks, four fumble recoveries, two passes defended and two forced fumbles
- Helped Saint Joseph to its 19th New Jersey State Championship in 2018
- Named 2018 NJ.com State Player of the Year
- Played for coach Augie Hoffmann at Saint Joseph Regional
- Father, Howard Jr., played 13 years in the NFL for the New York Giants (1989-2001)
- Howard Jr. helped the Giants to a Super Bowl XXV victory over the Buffalo Bills