2020-21 Baseball Roster
#31 Daniel Jung
Class Graduate Student
Hometown La Mirada, CA
High School La Mirada
SENIOR SEASON (2020)*
- Appeared in just one game due to injury in the abbreviated season.
*Season suspended after 13 games due to COVID-19
JUNIOR SEASON (2019)
- Played and started in 53 games at first base in his junior campaign.
- Second on the team with a career-highs in hits (59) and RBI (40).
- Also set career highs in runs (33) and home runs (5), both ranked third on the team.
- Eclipsed the 100 career hit plateau against Wake Forest (3/9).
- Set a career high with six RBI against Eastern Michigan, it was the most since Eric Gilgenbach had seven against LSU on 2/18/18.
- Tallied a career-high four hits on the road against Charleston Southern (3/2).
- Hit his first career grand slam on the road against Pittsburgh (4/20-2).
- Played summer ball with the Orange County Riptide in the California Collegiate League.
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2018)
- Played in 53 games on the season, including 44 starts.
- Recorded 13 doubles which was tied for second-best on the team.
- Tallied a career-high two runs scored on at LSU.
- Collected a season-high and career-high-tying three hits at NC State.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2017)
- Emerged as the starting first baseman, earning the starting nod in 48 games while playing in 56.
- Recorded a hit in his first six collegiate starts, which included the first two games of the series at No. 9 Clemson.
- Had two homers among a 3-for-3 performance in 4-0 win over Monmouth.
- Drilled a three-run homer in second inning of an 8-2 win at No. 19 Virginia.
- Connected for a two-run bomb in win over Western Michigan.
- Had a pair of hits in ACC Championship loss to No. 2 Louisville.
- Earned three varsity letters in baseball at La Mirada.
- Rated the No. 123 overall prospect in California and the No. 29 outfielder by Perfect Game.
- Slotted No. 500 nationally and the No. 191 outfielder, also by Perfect Game.
- Was a career .331 hitter for La Mirada with 72 RBI and two homers.
- Helped high school to CIF quarterfinals as a senior, earning first team all-league honors thanks to a .353 average, 27 RBI, five doubles, triple and two home runs.
- Named 2016 Rawlings-Perfect Game Honorable Mention All-American and Honorable Mention California Region.
- Selected honorable mention all-league as a junior, hitting .282 with 19 RBI, six doubles and a pair of triples.
- Chosen as a 2015 Underclass High Honorable Mention All-American by Perfect Game.
- Named varsity team’s rookie of the year as a sophomore, hitting .354 with 26 RBI and nine doubles.
- Helped team to CIF semifinals during sophomore campaign, also earning second team all-league accolades.
- Played club for Garciaparra Baseball Group, winning 2014 Perfect Game Evoshield.
- Born in La Palma, California
- Son of Stephanie and Paul Jung
- Has one brother, Caleb, and one sister Joy
- Attended same high school as Notre Dame football player Tyler Luatua
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business