February 5, 1999
Notre Dame, Ind. – Joyce Center
Score by periods Pen-Min PPMichigan State 2-0-0-0--2 7-142-3Notre Dame 1-1-0-0--2 7-141-3
Scoring Summary1st 8:59 MSU Rustyn Dolyny 12 (Brad Hodgins, Jeff Kozakowski) PPG1st 11:25 MSU Bryan Adams 16 (Andrew Hutchinson, Mark Loeding) PPG1st 16:48 ND Benoit Cotnoir 5 (unassisted) PPG2nd 10:46 ND Ben Simon 14 (Aniket Dhadphale) GTG
Goaltender Saves by Period Time, GAJoe Blackburn, MSU 7-8-9-2--26 65:00, 2Forrest Karr, ND 6-9-6-2--23 65:00, 2
Attendance: 2,667 (capacity)New Records: MSU 20-3-6 (14-2-6 CCHA); ND 15-7-4 (12-6-3 CCHA)
- The Spartan power play has converted on seven of its last 25 opportunities and four of its last eight. MSU has scored two PPGs in each of the last two games.
- MSU has now tied each of its last 12 regular-season overtime games, dating to Jan. 31, 1997, a last-second loss at Western Michigan. The Spartans are 0-0-6 in overtime this season.
- MSU’s three straight ties are a school record. MSU’s six ties on the year are the second most in a single-season, behind the Spartans’ eight ties in 1991-92.
- Rustyn Dolyny extended his point-scoring streak to six games, a career long.
- Andrew Hutchinson had a power-play assist in his first game back after suffering a knee injury Jan. 16. He missed three games. Hutchinson has an assist in seven of his last nine games and shares the lead among MSU rookies with 10 points (1-9-10).
- Defensemen have figured in each of MSU’s last six goals.
- MSU extended its unbeaten streak to 16 games (12-0-4), the third longest streak in school history and longest since 1988. MSU extended its road unbeaten streak to 10 games (7-0-3, including neutral sites), tying the third-longest road unbeaten streak in school history.