The Notre Dame softball game will take a nine-game winning streak into conference play this weekend when it visits third-ranked and defending national champion Florida State for a three-game series.
With some alterations due to impending weather, the action is slated to get underway in Tallahassee at 2 p.m. Friday, followed by a 1 p.m. first pitch on Saturday and a Noon start on Sunday. All three games can be seen on ACC Network Extra.
|Florida State Series | Tallahassee, FL|
|Friday, March 15||rv/– Notre Dame at No. 3/3 Florida State||2 p.m.||Live Stats||Watch|
|Saturday, March 16||rv/– Notre Dame at No. 3/3 Florida State||1 p.m.||Live Stats||Watch|
|Sunday, March 17||rv/– Notre Dame at No. 3/3 Florida State||Noon||Live Stats||Watch|
2019 Notre Dame Softball Notes & Numbers
- The Irish have played nine games this season against teams ranked in the top 25 or receiving votes, with a four games against top-10 opponents. The Irish add three more games to both categories with the series at Florida State this weekend.
- Notre Dame carries a nine-game winning streak into ACC play this weekend at Florida State. The Irish won two games at the Red Desert Classic before sweeping five contests at the FAU/FIU Parents’ Weekend Tournament and capturing a game at FIU on Wednesday night.
- Notre Dame’s nine-game winning streak is tied for fifth-longest in the nation. The only teams with longer winning streaks are Alabama (26), Boise State (17), Oklahoma State (15) and Oklahoma (13).
- During its six-game spring break trip, which ends with the series at Florida State, Notre Dame has five players hitting over the .400 mark. Ali Wester (.591) and Abby Sweet (.556) lead that group, followed by Caitlyn Brooks (.444), Katie Marino (.421) and MK Bonamy (.412).
- In addition to hitting .444 (8-for-18) in the last six games, Brooks has smashed six home runs while knocking in 11 runs, leading the team in both categories over the stretch.
- Ali Wester’s 244 career hits rank third in the nation among active players, trailing only Florida’s Amanda Lorenz (260) Oklahoma’s Sydney Romero (259).
- Notre Dame will play 28 games before its home opener on March 20. The Irish will have played 16 of those first 28 games in the state of Florida.
- The Irish collected two weekly ACC honors on March 5 as Katie Marino was named Co-Player of the Week and Payton Tidd earned Co-Pitcher of the Week. Notre Dame went 2-0 at the Red Desert Classic with wins over Utah Valley (16-0) and No. 24 Baylor (14-1).
- Marino knocked-in five runs in the two games in St. George, Utah, while going 6-for-8 with a double and two home runs.
- Tidd earned a complete game win over Baylor, striking out seven in five innings. Tidd allowed the first three hitters to reach before limiting the Bears to four hits and a walk the rest of the way.