2000-01 Men's Basketball Roster
#3 TROY MURPHY
Hometown Morristown, NJ
High School Delbarton
- Inducted in the Purcell Pavilion Ring of Honor on January 23, 2016.
- Played three seasons for the Irish (1998-2001) and scored 2,011 points (21.2 ppg.) and grabbed 924 rebounds (9.8) while playing in 94 outings (93 of them starts).
- At the time, he was the first Irish basketball player with 2,000 points and 900 rebounds.
- Career numbers currently rank him seventh all-time in both scoring and rebounding.
- In 47 career BIG EAST outings, he averaged 21.3 points and 9.9 rebounds.
- Led Notre Dame in scoring and rebounds in each of his three seasons.
- Averaged 21.8 points and 9.2 rebounds as a junior, 22.7 points and 10.3 rebounds in his junior year and 19.2 points and 9.9 boards as a freshman.
- Shared BIG EAST Player of the Year honors with Troy Bell of Boston College in 2001 after earning the conference’s top honor in 2000.
- Named to the John R. Wooden Award All-America Team for the second consecutive year as a junior and finished fifth in the balloting for the Wooden Award in 2001.
- Became just the fifth player in Notre Dame history to score more than 2,000 career points when he reached that milestone in his junior season.
- Declared for the 2001 National Basketball Association draft following his junior season and was the 14th overall pick by the Golden State Warriors.
- Played 12 seasons in the NBA before retiring in November 2012.
- Saw action in 729 contests during his career and averaged 10.8 points and 7.8 rebounds.