2019-20 Baseball Roster
#2 Spencer Myers
Weight 170 lbs.
Hometown Tampa, FL
High School Berkeley Prep
JUNIOR SEASON (2020)*
- Played and started 12 games during the abbreviated season.
- Finished the season ranked first in the NCAA with 15 stolen bases and most steals in a game (6).
- Led the Irish with team-highs .431 average, 25 hits and 15 stolen bases on the season.
- Finished third in the ACC first in steals (15), steals per game (1.25) and hits per game (2.08), third in batting average (,431) and fifth in hits (25).
- Set a career high with six steals against Presbyterian (3/1), the most by an Irish player in the last 14 seasons.
- Tied a career high with three hits four times during the year against Incarnate Word (2/21), UTSA (2/22), Presbyterian (2/29) and Radford (3/11).
- Tied a career high with three RBI in the 9-2 win over Toledo at the Alamo Irish Classic.
*Season suspended after 13 games due to COVID-19
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2019)
- Played in all 54 games and made 53 starts will setting career highs across most categories.
- Led the Irish in hits (62), runs (48), steals (22) and batting average (.294).
- Myers tallied the most stolen bases since A.J. Pollock had 28 during the 2008 season.
- He set a career high with three hits six times over the season against Charleston Southern (3/1), Florida State (3/23-2), Virginia (4/5-6), Western Michigan (4/10) and Boston College (5/18).
- Recorded a career high four runs twice against Eastern Michigan (2/21) and Florida State (3/23-2).
- Also had a career high three stolen bases against Boston College (5/18).
- Tied a career high with three RBI at Northwestern (5/14).
- Played summer ball with Eau Claire Express in the Northwoods League.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2018)
- Played in 39 games on the year, getting the starting nod 23 times.
- Had a perfect fielding percentage (63 putouts, 1 assist, 0 errors).
- Drove in his first career RBI against LSU, when he went 2-for-4 with a career-high 3 RBIs and a run scored.
- Earned four varsity letters in baseball from Berkeley Preparatory School
- Named First Team All-Hillsborough County as a junior
- Owned a career .460 batting average
- Played club with SCORE International
- Hails from Tampa, Fla.
- Son of David and Elaine Myers
- Has two siblings, Cristie and Aaron
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business