#17 Pierce Crawford
2018-19 AWARDS AND HONORS
• Big Ten All-Academic Team
• Notre Dame Club of St. Joseph Valley Rockne Student-Athlete Award
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Netted a pair of goals to go with two assists in 34 contests.
• Scored his first career goal – a shorthanded, unassisted tally – to give Notre Dame a 2-1 lead in an eventual 5-2 victory over Michigan (Feb. 12).
• Notched his first career assist on Cam Burke’s game-tying goal in Notre Dame’s 3-2 comeback win at Minnesota (Feb. 22).
• Scored the game-winning goal early in the first period of Notre Dame’s 2-0 win over Michigan State in game two of the Big Ten Tournament quarterfinals (March 9) to help the Irish complete the series sweep.
AS A FRESHMAN
- Injured in the exhibition game against the USNTDP (Oct. 1) and missed the first four series of the season (upper body).
- Made his Notre Dame debut in the 4-1 win at #16 Ohio State (Nov. 3).
IN THE USHL
- Joined the Irish after spending the 2016-2017 season with the Omaha Lancers and the Youngstown Phantoms in the United States Hockey League (USHL).
- As an alternate captain for the Lancers, he played in 41 games, scored 14 goals and recorded 14 assists for a total of 28 points and was the Lancers’ leading scorer at the time of his trade to the Phantoms (finished third).
- Skated in 17 games with the Phantoms, scoring four goals and tallying five assists for nine points.
- For the 2016-17 season, totaled 18 goals and 19 assists for 37 points in 58 regular-season USHL games.
- Added an assist in five playoff games with the Phantoms.
IN THE NAHL
- Spent the 2015-16 season with the Minnesota Magicians of the North American Hockey League (NAHL).
- Played in 49 games, scored 18 goals and added 24 assists to finish the season with 42 points.
- His 42 points ranked second in the league and he was named to the 2015-16 NAHL All-Central Division Rookie Team and to the NAHL All-Rookie Second Team.
- Received an invitation to participate in the NAHL Top Prospects event in Plymouth, Michigan, where, while representing the Central Division, he registered two assists.
PREP & PERSONAL
- Attended Shattuck St. Mary’s from 2011-15 and in his final season (Midget Prep/USHS), he scored 12 goals and added 22 assists in 54 games.
- Son of Brian and Lynda Crawford and has younger sister, Haley, and a younger brother, Chase.
- Majoring in Business Analytics.
Goals: 1 (2x – vs. Michigan State 3/9/19)
Assists: 1 (3x – vs. Penn State 3/2/19)
Points: 1 (5x – vs. Michigan State 3/9/19)
Multi-Point Games: n/a
Point Streak: 2 games (March 1-present)
Most Recent Goal: vs. Michigan State 3/9/19