#19 Mike O'Leary
2019-20 AWARDS AND HONORS
- Named HCA National Player of the Month for October
- Named B1G First Star of the Week (Oct. 29)
AS A SENIOR
- Scored nine goals and recorded 14 assists in 37 games played as a senior for a career-high 23 points.
- His 23 points ranked third on the team.
- Recorded two assists in the 4-3 season-opening win against Air Force (Oct.11).
- Recorded three assists in a 6-1 victory to secure the weekend sweep against Air Force (Oct. 13) and it was his second career game with at least three assists.
- Scored two goals and recorded one assist in the 5-2 victory over Lake Superior State (Oct. 25) for his third multi-point game of the season and his second straight three-point outing.
- Scored two goals and recorded one assist in the 6-4 victory against Lake Superior State (Oct. 26) for his third straight multi-point game and second straight three-point outing. This was his ninth multi-point game of his career.
- Scored his fifth goal of the season in the 2-2 tie against Minnesota (Nov.1).
- Scored a goal in the 3-2 road loss against Michigan State (Nov. 23).
- Scored a goal in the 5-2 road loss against #15 Bowling Green (Nov. 30). This gave him his single season high seventh goal of the year.
- Scored a goal and recorded an assist in the loss against Wisconsin (Jan. 24), marking his fifth multi point game of the season and 10th of his career.
- Scored a goal in the 3-3 tie against #8 Penn State (Jan. 31).
2018-19 AWARDS AND HONORS
• Most Improved Player (Team Award)
AS A JUNIOR
• Posted a career-high 21 points on six goals and 15 assists in 39 contests.
• Had the game-winning goal and added an assist in Notre Dame’s 4-1 win at Omaha (Oct. 19) for his first career multipoint game.
• It marked his first career game-winning goal.
• Notched the primary assist on Cam Morrison’s first period, game-winning goal against RPI in Notre Dame’s 3-0 victory (Dec. 1).
• Scored to give the Irish a 3-1 lead in an eventual 5-4 victory at ninth-ranked Penn State (Dec. 7).
• Netted the third period, game-winning goal in Notre Dame’s 6-4 victory at Wisconsin (Jan. 18).
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 2-2 tie versus Wisconsin at the United Center (Jan. 20) for his second career-multipoint game (first career two-assist game).
• Had a career-high four points on four assists in Notre Dame’s 6-3 win over Michigan State (Jan. 25).
• Had a pair of goals – including the overtime winner – in Notre Dame’s 5-4 comeback win over Penn State. for his first career two-goal game.
• Scored the game-winning, power-play goal in Notre Dame’s 1-0 Big Ten Quarterfinal game one victory over Michigan State early in the third period (March 8).
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 2-1 victory over Minnesota in the Big Ten Tournament semifinal (March 16).
• Notched an assist in Notre Dame’s 3-2 Big Ten Championship victory over Penn State (March 23).
AS A SOPHOMORE
• Notched his first point of the season with an assist against Sacred Heart (Oct. 19).
• Scored his first goal of the season in Notre Dame’s 5-2 win over sixth-ranked Minnesota (Nov. 25), notching a backhanded tally for the fifth Irish goal of the night.
• Capped the scoring in Notre Dame’s 6-2 win at Wisconsin (Dec. 9).
• Missed the second Michigan series (Feb. 16 & 18) with an illness.
• Returned to score the opening goal in Notre Dame’s 6-3 win over Michigan State (Feb. 23).
• Assisted on Joe Wegwerth’s goal in 4-3 NCAA regional semifinal win over Michigan Tech (March 23).
AS A FRESHMAN
• Made his Notre Dame debut on Oct. 7 versus Arizona State.
• Had the primary assist on Bo Brauer’s first period goal in the 4-4 overtime tie with Vermont, marking his first career point.
• Scored his first career goal against Vermont (Feb. 4), giving the Irish a 3-1 lead in an eventual 4-1 victory.
• Assisted on Ben Ostlie’s game winner at No. 5/6 Boston University (February 24).
• Scored in Notre Dame’s 4-1 loss at Boston University (Feb. 25).
IN THE USHL
• Played his first USHL season in 2015-16 and helped Dubuque reach the Clark Cup Championship series, where O’Leary and Dubuque fell to future Notre Dame classmate Tory Dello and Tri-City.
• During the regular season, O’Leary had eight goals and 19 assists for 27 points in 59 games.
• In the playoffs, O’Leary netted four goals and three assists for seven points in 12 games and tied for Dubuque’s leading rookie scorer in the run to the championship series.
• Played in the 2015-16 USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game and scored a goal and added three assists for a four-point night to help lead Team East to a 6-2 win over Team West.
WITH HOCKEY CANADA
• Played for Team Canada White at the World U-17 Hockey Challenge and registered an assist in five games.
PREP & PERSONAL
• Graduated from Dubuque Senior High School in Dubuque, Iowa.
• Prior to joining Dubuque, he played high school hockey for the Salisbury School (Salisbury, Connecticut) from 2013-15, while also skating with the Connecticut Wolf Pack.
• With Salisbury, he scored 11 goals and added 20 assists in 58 games while helping the team to back-to-back New England Prep School Championships (2014 & 2015).
• Played with the Halifax ACCEL Hawks Major Bantam program (NSMBHL) before attending the Salisbury School.
• Full name is Michael Timothy O’Leary and he is the son of Shaun O’Leary and Paula Arab.
• Has an older sister, Maria, and a younger brother, Shea.
• Majoring in Management Consulting.
Goals: 2 (3x – vs. Lake Superior 10/26/19)
Assists: 4 (vs. Michigan State 1/25/19)
Points: 4 (2x – vs. Michigan State 1/25/19)
Multi-Point Games: 10
Point Streak: 5 games (Oct. 11 – Nov. 1; 5-7-12)
Most Recent Goal: at Penn State 1/31/20