2019-20 Baseball Roster
#16 Jared Miller
Weight 188 lbs.
Hometown Marietta, GA
High School Pope
JUNIOR SEASON (2020)*
- Played and started in 12 games during the abbreviated season.
- Finished the year with a .255 average, 13 hits, 10 RBI and four steals.
- Set a career high with four hits against UAB on Feb. 15.
- Tied a career high with three RBI in the 9-0 win over Presbyterian.
*Season suspended after 13 games due to COVID-19
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2019)
- Was one of two players (Niko Kavadas) to play and start all 54 games in his sophomore season.
- Hit his first career home run in the 5-4 win over No. 21 NC State.
- Tallied a career-high three hits four times this season against Western Carolina (3/13), No. 12 Clemson (3/15), No. 21 North Carolina (4/13) and Northwestern (5/14).
- Also set a career high with three RBI in the series-opening win over No. 12 Clemson (3/15).
- Recorded a career-high two runs in back-to-back games against Boston College (5/17-18).
- Played summer ball for the Macon Bacon in the Coastal Plain League.
FRESHMAN SEASON (2018)
- Played in 33 games and started 18 times on the year.
- Drove in his first career RBIs against Miami.
- Scored 10 runs on the season.
- Earned four varsity letters in baseball and two in basketball from Pope High School and helped his high school basketball team win the regional championship and make it to the final 16 of the state playoffs.
- Led his baseball team to the state championship as a senior and set the school record for most wins (34) in a season. His team finished the season ranked No. 5 in the country by Perfect Game.
- Named Player of the Year in Georgia (6A classification).
- Named First Team All-State and First Team All-County as a senior.
- Batted .423 as a senior with 13 doubles, six triples, two home runs, 35 runs scored and 35 RBI. Hit .531 in the playoffs during the state championship run.
- Set the school record for most triples in a season and also had the second-most hits in a season.
- Helped his team to two straight state finals and three straight semifinals.
- Made the state playoffs all four years, winning 104 games, the most in school history over a four-year period.
- Named Rawlings Perfect Game Honorable Mention All-American and Southeast All-Region Second Team.
- Rated in the top 500 overall in the country and No. 19 shortstop in Georgia by Perfect Game.
- Played club for 643 DP Baseball, helping the team to No. 5 and No. 9 national rankings by Perfect Game.
- Hails from Marietta, Ga.
- Son of Kevin and Marilyn Miller
- Has one sibling, Drew
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business