#20 Jake Pivonka
AS A FRESHMAN
• Skated in all 40 games for the Irish, netting two goals and recording eight assists.
• Made his Irish debut as the fourth line center in Notre Dame’s first game of the season, a 6-6 overtime tie with Mercyhurst in the Ice Breaker (Oct. 12).
• Notched his first career point with an assist on Colin Theisen’s game-tying goal against seventh-ranked Ohio State (Nov. 3).
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 6-2 win at Michigan for his first career multi-point game (Nov. 10).
• Had an assist on Bobby Nardella’s game-tying goal late in the third period in the eventual 1-1 tie versus Michigan State (Jan. 26).
• His first career goal proved to be the game winner in Notre Dame’s 5-2 win over Michigan (Feb. 12).
• Scored the game-winning goal in Notre Dame’s 5-2 victory over Wisconsin for his second game winner in three games.
- Selected in the fourth round, 103rd overall, by the New York Islanders in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft.
WITH USA HOCKEY
- Spent two seasons (2016-18) with the USNTDP before joining the Irish.
- Tallied 19 career points with the USNTDP, posting 10 goals and nine assists in 59 career contests.
- Competed for Team USA at the 2018 U-18 World Championships, taking home gold.
- Skated in seven contests at the 2018 WJC-18, tallying two assists.
- Represented Team USA at the 2017 World U17 Hockey Challenge where he recorded two goals through five games.
PREP AND PERSONAL
- Ranked #104 by NHL Central Scouting’s list of players eligible for the 2018 NHL Entry Draft.
- Played for the Chicago Mission U16 (2015-16).
- Won the High Performance Hockey League Championship as a member of the Chicago Mission U16.
- Gold Medalist at the 2016 Youth Olympic Games.
- Son of Michal and Renata Pivonka.
- Has a brother, Daniel, and a sister, Nicole.
- Father, Michal, played for the Washington Capitals of the NHL.
- Enrolled in First Year of Studies.
Goals: 1 (2x – vs. Wisconsin 2/16/19)
Assists: 2 (at Michigan 11/10/18)
Points: 2 (at Michigan 11/10/18)
Multi-Point Games: 1
Point Streak: n/a
Most Recent Goal: vs. Wisconsin 2/16/18