#20 Jake Pivonka
2019-20 AWARDS AND HONORS
- Named to Team USA for the 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship (Czech Republic) and, along with classmate Spencer Stastney, became Notre Dame’s 21st and 22nd players to take part in the prestigious tournament.
AS A SOPHOMORE
- Scored four goals and recorded seven assists in 35 games played as a sophomore.
- Recorded a +7 rating during the 2019-20 season.
- Finished with Notre Dame’s top faceoff percentage (.609), which also ranked seventh in the NCAA (fifth among players with at least 100 faceoffs).
- Scored a goal in the 6-4 victory to secure the series sweep against Lake Superior State (Oct. 26).
- Scored a third period goal to help secure a 2-1 comeback victory against #8/9 Ohio State (Nov. 9).
- Scored a goal in the 5-2 loss against #16 Bowling Green (Nov. 29).
AS A FRESHMAN
• Skated in all 40 games for the Irish, netting two goals and recording eight assists.
• Made his Irish debut as the fourth line center in Notre Dame’s first game of the season, a 6-6 overtime tie with Mercyhurst in the Ice Breaker (Oct. 12).
• Notched his first career point with an assist on Colin Theisen’s game-tying goal against seventh-ranked Ohio State (Nov. 3).
• Had a pair of assists in Notre Dame’s 6-2 win at Michigan for his first career multi-point game (Nov. 10).
• Had an assist on Bobby Nardella’s game-tying goal late in the third period in the eventual 1-1 tie versus Michigan State (Jan. 26).
• His first career goal proved to be the game winner in Notre Dame’s 5-2 win over Michigan (Feb. 12).
• Scored the game-winning goal in Notre Dame’s 5-2 victory over Wisconsin for his second game winner in three games.
- Selected in the fourth round, 103rd overall, by the New York Islanders in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft.
WITH USA HOCKEY
- Spent two seasons (2016-18) with the USNTDP before joining the Irish.
- Tallied 19 career points with the USNTDP, posting 10 goals and nine assists in 59 career contests.
- Competed for Team USA at the 2018 U-18 World Championships, taking home gold.
- Skated in seven contests at the 2018 WJC-18, tallying two assists.
- Represented Team USA at the 2017 World U17 Hockey Challenge where he recorded two goals through five games.
PREP AND PERSONAL
- Ranked #104 by NHL Central Scouting’s list of players eligible for the 2018 NHL Entry Draft.
- Played for the Chicago Mission U16 (2015-16).
- Won the High Performance Hockey League Championship as a member of the Chicago Mission U16.
- Gold Medalist at the 2016 Youth Olympic Games.
- Son of Michal and Renata Pivonka.
- Has a brother, Daniel, and a sister, Nicole.
- Father, Michal, played for the Washington Capitals of the NHL.
- Enrolled in First Year of Studies.
Goals: 1 (6x – vs. Bowling Green 11/29/19)
Assists: 2 (at Michigan 11/10/18)
Points: 2 (2x – vs. Lake Superior 10/26/19)
Multi-Point Games: 2
Point Streak: 4 games (Oct 13)
Most Recent Goal: vs. Bowling Green 11/29/19