2020-21 Baseball Roster
#7 Jack Zyska
Hometown Berkeley Heights, NJ
High School Seton Hall Prep
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2020)*
- Played in seven games and made five starts during the abbreviated season.
- Finished the year with a .238 average, three runs, five hits, two home runs and five RBI.
- Tied for second on the team with two home runs on the season.
- Zyska opened the scoring with a two-run home run in the first inning of Notre Dame’s 11-8 eight win over North Carolina to clinch the series.
*Season suspended after 13 games due to COVID-19
FRESHMAN SEASON (2019)
- Played in 44 games and made 30 starts in his freshman season for the Irish
- Had four multi-hit games over the course of the season including a career high three hits against Virginia (4/6-1)
- Tallied a career-high four RBI in the home win over Northwestern (4/16)
- Scored a career-high three runs in the road win over Northwestern (5/14)
- Had his first career home run in the series opener against No. 21 North Carolina (4/12)
- Playing summer ball with the Upper Valley Nighthawks in the New England Collegiate Baseball League
- Graduated from Seton Hall Preparatory School in June of 2018.
- Competed with the New Jersey 9ers in high school and received 2018 Perfect Game All-American Honorable Mention and 2018 Perfect Game First Team All-Region (Northeast).
- As a senior, helped his team win the regular season SEC title and finish with a 24-5 record. Batted .364 on the year. Won the Coaches Award for representation of the team by word and example.
- Attended the same high school as Irish basketball player TJ Gibbs.
- Was awarded the Monsignor Thomas J Tuohy Medallion for graduating Magna Cum Laude (cumulative GPA of 4.25-4.5 in all four years).
- Was involved in Knights of Setonia and the Wounded Warrior project at Seton Hall Prep. Also was elected as a peer leader at Seton Hall Prep, where he mentored 19 freshmen each day.
- Jack Elias Zyska is the son of Pablo and Michele Zyska. Has one brother, Lucas, and one sister, Lauren.