SENIOR SEASON (2019-20) *Cut short due to Covid-19 in March
- Was 1-of-the-5 regular Irish lineup members in the fall whom spearheaded the record breaking four tournament title wins in five events and a top-10 national ranking.
- Posted the lowest season stroke average in program history with 70.68 strokes per round. Played in all 19 possible rounds.
- Finished at a team best 16-under par, averaging 211.5 strokes per tournament.
- Earned five top-25 finishes, three top-10s and two top-fives.
- Ostrom started the fall with the best stretch of his career, posting three consecutive top-10 finishes – second at the Badger Invitational, third at the Windon Memorial and 10th at the Inverness Intercollegiate.
- Tallied a career low round of 66 (-6) in the final round of the Badger Invitational, which tied the sixth lowest round in program history.
- His 11-under par (205) at the Badger Invitational tied for the fourth lowest 54-hole score in program history and was one stroke shy of tying for the individual title.
- Ostrom then came one-stroke shy again of another individual title at the Windon Memorial, finishing in third with a 208 (-5).
- Counted 17-of-19 rounds toward the team score.
- Averaged 69.7 strokes in both the second and third rounds of tournaments.
- Earned the most rounds under-par with 11, with an additional three at even-par.
- Recorded the lowest strokes off tournament leader average at 6.71.
- Collected four individual titles over the summer of 2019 – the most of any Irish player.
- Finished with the third lowest career stroke average in program history at 72.77 strokes per round.
- Finished with six career top-10 showings, with five top-five.
JUNIOR SEASON (2018-19):
- Won the Northern Intercollegiate individual title, becoming the second individual. tournament winner since 2014 for the Irish. Ostrom posted a 54-hole tournament. career low 210 (-6), including a career low round of 68 (-4) in the final round.
- Averaged 73.6 strokes over 15 rounds which spanned five tournaments.
- 7 of his 12 rounds counted toward the team score.
- Shot three rounds under-par and one at even-par.
- Claimed the 104th Southwestern Amateur Title in Scottsdale, Arizona.
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2017-18):
- Best finishes: T-4th at Fighting Irish Classic (206, -4) // T-42nd at Quail Valley (215, -1), T-23rd at Shoal Creek (219, +3)
- One top-10 finish & two within the top-25
- Low round of 69 – 1st Rd at Shoal Creek
- Low 54-hole score of 215 – Quail Valley
- Averaged 73.10 strokes per round for the year
- Tied for third best fall average with 72.33
- Currently ranks sixth all-time in career stroke average at 73.53
FRESHMAN SEASON (2016-17):
- Competed in three tournaments for the Irish and three as an individual.
- Had one finish in the top-five and one in the top-25.
- Placed third at the Notre Dame Kickoff Challenge (Sept. 3) with score of 138 (-4).
- Was among the top-three Irish finishers in each of his three team events.
- Had all eight of his competitive rounds count towards the team’s total.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
- Two-time Idaho State High School Champion in 2013 and 2015.
- Two-time Idaho State District Champion in 2014 and 2015.
- 2013 and 2014 Idaho Junior America’s Cup Team Member.
- 2013 and 2014 Idaho Hogan’s Cup Team Member.
- Top-5 in 2014 Hogan’s Cup.
- 2014 and 2015 McCall Junior Boys Amateur Champion.
- Became first junior player in 80 years to win the McCall Men’s Amateur in 2015.
- Top-5 in The Big I National Junior.
- Played the No. 1 varsity spot at Bishop Kelly from 2012-2015.
- Made Dean’s List from 2012-2015 at Bishop Kelly High School.
- Member of Bishop Kelly Basketball Team.
- Member of the Golf All-State Team all three years.
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.
|Year||Tournaments||Rounds||Counted||Strokes||Avg.||Top Rd||Top 54||Top Finish – Event|
|2016-17||6||16||8/8||1,185||74.06||67 (-4)||216 (+6)||3rd (ND Kickoff Challenge)|
|2017-18||7||20||14/17||1,462||73.10||69 (-3)||215 (-1)||
T-4th (Fighting Irish Classic)
|2018-19||5||15||7/12||1,104||73.60||68 (-4)||210 (-6)||
1st (Northern Intercollegiate)
|2019-20||7||19||17/19||1,343||70.68||66 (-6)||205 (-11)||
2nd (Badger Invitational)
|Career||25||70||46/56||5,094||72.77||66 (-6)||205 (-11)||1st (Northern Intercollegiate)|