#15 Emma Clark
AS A SOPHOMORE (2020)
- Started all five games of the NFCA Leadoff Classic at RF for the Irish, batting as the leadoff hitter for several of those games. Clark slapped four hits and scored two runs, also noting two RBI.
PREP AND PERSONAL:
• Earned fourth varsity softball letter at Mater Dei High School as a senior.
• Batted .419 as a senior team captain to guide Mater Dei to the Trinity League championship, and was tabbed to the Trinity League Second Team.
• Named the Mater Dei Offensive MVP as a junior after batting .425 with 37 hits, 22 RBI, five stolen bases, a .462 on-base percentage and 19 runs scored during junior season.
• Selected to the Trinity League First Team, and claimed All-CIF Second-Team honors.
• Batted .461 with 35 hits, seven RBI, eight stolen bases, .488 on-base percentage and 18 runs scored for the CIF-SS Division I champion Mater Dei as a sophomore.
• Logged a .405 batting average with three RBI, 14 stolen bases, a .436 on-base percentage and 29 runs scored as a freshman.
• Also won a pair of varsity letters in soccer at Mater Dei, and was a senior team captain.
• Named a 2018 PGF Regional All-American, representing the Western region.
• Competed with Firecrackers-Rico on the club circuit. Accomplishments included championship titles at the 2017 Colorado Sparkler and Canada International Cup tournaments.
• Previously played for Firecrackers-Brashear, and won the 2016 PGF 16U Platinum Division Championship.
• Earned the Principal’s Academic Award in each of four years, and graduated Summa Cum Laude.
• Attended the same high school as Notre Dame teammate Melissa Rochford, and former Irish softball standouts Micaela Arizmendi (’16) and Heather Johnson (’10). Former Notre Dame football greats Joe Schmidt and 1964 Heisman Trophy winner John Huarte also attended Mater Dei.
• Daughter of Ben and Anne Clark and has two brothers, Michael and Jack.
• Father, Ben, played football at Princeton University.
• Mother, Anne, played volleyball at Boston College.
• Becomes the 53rd California resident to suit up for Notre Dame in program history, and the ninth native of Huntington Beach to play for the Irish.
• Enrolled in the First Year of Studies.