2020-21 Fencing Roster
Hometown Manalapan, NJ
High School Manalapan
AS A JUNIOR:
- Compiled a 60-35 record after competing in all six regular season meets
- Season best performance came at the DeCicco Duals when she went 16-2 over the weekend
- Tallied double-digit wins two other times over the season at the Northwestern Duals (14-6) and Duke Duals (11-4)
- Appeared in the team competition at the ACC Championships and helped the Irish claim the team title
- Placed seventh at the Midwest Regional in Detroit
- Improved her career record to 123-66
AS A SOPHOMORE:
- Went 46-21 on the year.
- Placed 11th at the Penn State Garret Open to start the year.
- Posted a 13-0 showing at the DeCicco Duals
- Went a perfect 9-0 during team competition at the ACC Championships, helping the Irish capture the conference title.
- Placed fifth individually at ACCs.
- Improved career mark to 60-31.
- One of five winners of the team’s Yves Auriol Award, given to the most improved fencers.
- Earned a monogram.
AS A FRESHMAN
- Competed at the NCAA Championships, finishing in 23rd place
- Placed fifth at the NCAA Midwest Regional Championships
- Finished in fifth place at the ACC Championships
- Concluded the season with a final record of 14-10
- Made her Irish debut at the Elite Invitational, posting a record of 12-3
HIGH SCHOOL & CLUB HIGHLIGHTS
- 2016 Junior Olympics Bronze Medalist
- 2016 Cadet Junior Olympics – Sixth Place
- 2016 High School Invitational Gold Medalist
- 2015 Richmond Cadet North American Cup Gold Medalist
- 2015 Junior Olympics Team Gold Medalist
- 2015 Salt Lake City Junior North American Cup Silver Medalist
- 2015 Junior World Cup – 10th Place (Budapest, Hungary)
- 2015 New Jersey Girls State Epee Runner-Up
- 2014 Junior Olympics Gold Medalist
- 2014 New Jersey Girls State Epee Champion
PREP & PERSONAL
- Graduated from Manalapan High School in June 2017
- Member of the Manalapan Teen Leadership Committee
- Volunteers at Special Strides Therapeutic Riding Center
- Named an AP Scholar
- Honored with the Freehold Regional High School District’s Award of Excellence
- Full name is Dasha Yefremenko
- Originally from Kharkov, Ukraine
- Daughter of Constantine and Veronika Yefremenko
- Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business and majoring in Business Analytics