AS A JUNIOR (2017-18):
• Placed third in the 100 freestyle (:46.12) against No. 23 Purdue.
• Swam to a third place finish in the 50 freestyle (:21.15) at the tri-dual meet with Ball State and Green Bay.
• At the Ohio State Winter Invite, placed second in the 100 freestyle with a career-best time of :43.92, and fourth in the 200 freestyle with a season-best time of 1:41.08.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016-17):
• Swam to a fourth place finish in the 50 freestyle with a career-best time of :20.09 at the Ohio State Winter Invite, while also adding a second place finish in the 100 freestyle with a season-best time of :44.21 and a career-best time in the 200 Y Free (1:40.74) at the same meet.
• Finished fourth in the 50 freestyle (:21.50) at the tri-dual meet with Indiana State and Oakland.
• Against IUPUI and Indiana State, placed third in the 50 freestyle (:21.22) and fourth in the 100 freestyle (:46.62).
AS A FRESHMAN (2015-16):
• Began the year swimming on 200 freestyle relay (:21.62 leadoff split) and 400 freestyle relay (:47.40 split) at Dennis Stark Relays.
• Versus Michigan State, earned third with the 200 freestyle relay (:21.68 leadoff split) and a pair of fourth place finishes in the 50 freestyle (:21.52) and 400 medley relay (:47.65 split).
• At Virginia Tech, again finished fourth twice in the 200 freestyle relay (:21.02 split) and 400 freestyle relay (:47.04 split), taking fifth with the 200 medley relay (:21.26 split) and touching the wall in :21.77 in the 50 freestyle.
• At Purdue Invitational, swam with 200 freestyle relay (:20.76 split), 200 medley relay (:20.44 split) and 400 freestyle relay (:46.93 leadoff split).
• Individually, finished 17th in the 50 freestyle (:21.02 finals, :21.20 prelims), 23rd in 200 freestyle (1:44.33 finals, 1:47.68 prelims) and 20th in 100 freestyle (:46.64 finals, :47.63 prelims), clocking in at :54.70 in 100 backstroke prelims.
• At Virginia, swam to third place with 200 freestyle relay (:21.45 leadoff split), earned two fifth place finishes with 400 medley relay (:48.01 split) and 400 free relay (:46.95 leadoff split) teams.
• Finished sixth with 200 medley relay (:21.01 split) and exhibitioned in 100 freestyle (:46.92) and 50 freestyle (:21.39).
• Versus Northwestern, won on the 400 freestyle relay lineup (:45.74 split) and finished third in 50 freestyle (:21.38) and fifth with 200 medley relay (:20.69 split).
• In Shamrock Invitational, earned two sixth place relay finishes with 200 freestyle relay (:21.30 leadoff split) and 400 freestyle relay (:46.51 split).
• Also swam in the 50 freestyle (:21,04), 200 medley relay (:20.78 split), 200 freestyle (1:46.32) and 100 freestyle (:46.73).
• Came in second twice at Michigan First Chance Meet, swimming in the 50 freestyle (:20.40) and 100 freestyle (:44.73), time trialing in the 50 freestyle (:20.54).
• Honored at end-of-year banquet as men’s Most Improved Swimmer.
PREP & PERSONAL:
• Swam with the Rochester Orcas Swim Club during prep career.
• Named club swimmer of the year for 2014-15.
• Biggest athletic thrill to date is earning first place in the men’s 400 freestyle relay at the 2015 short course Minnesota state meet, setting a club team record.
• Holds multiple records within the club, and has earned top three finishes at the Minnesota State Meet in the 50 and 100 freestyle events.
• Outside of the pool, was a four-year representative on the student council, as well as being a member of the National Honor Society, the Peer Leadership Council and a role model in D.A.R.E.
• Voted homecoming king and graduated Magna Cum Laude from Byron High School in June 2015.
• Earned three varsity letters in football and also played baseball and basketball.
• Younger brother of former men’s swimmer Reed Fujan.
• Youngest child of Bruce and Robert Fujan.
• Also has two sisters, Brianna and Caitlin, both of whom swam at Miami of Ohio.
• Currently enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business.