2020-21 Baseball Roster
#4 Carter Putz
Hometown Belton, MO
High School Bishop Miege HS
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 2020 D1Baseball Top ACC 2021 Draft Prospect (No. 50)
- 2019 D1Baseball ACC Top Freshman (No. 42)
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2020)*
- Played in 11 games and made 10 starts during the abbreviated season.
- Finished the season with a .316 average, 11 runs, 12 hits, 10 RBI and one home run.
- Ranked third on the team in batting average (.316) and RBI (10) and fourth in runs (11).
- Tied a career high with four RBI in the 14-8 win over North Carolina to clinch the series sweep.
- Putz hit his only home run of the season in the fifth inning of the series finale against the Tar Heels.
- Tied a career high with three hits and three runs scored in the series clinching 9-3 win over UAB.
*Season suspended after 13 games due to COVID-19
FRESHMAN SEASON (2019)
- Played in 52 games and led all freshmen on the team with 47 starts between second base and designated hitter.
- Tied for fourth on the team with 46 hits and fifth with five stolen bases.
- Recorded a career high three hits four times this season against Incarnate Word (2/23), Florida State (3/23-2), Georgia Tech (3/29) and Pitt (4/20-2).
- Also had a career high four RBI against Florida State (3/23-2).
- Set a career high with three runs against Wake Forest (3/10-2) and Pitt (4/20-2).
- Had his first career home run in the first inning of Notre Dame 9-6 win on the road against Georgia Tech (3/28).
- Played summer ball with the Duluth Huskies in the Northwoods League.
- Graduated from Bishop Miege High School in May of 2018 and intends to major in business.
- Earned four varsity letters in baseball and three in football.
- Guided his team to a state runner-up finish in baseball, batting .460 (40-87) with 13 extra-base hits and 23 RBI.
- Led his football team to three state titles. Collected 2,844 passing yards and 38 touchdowns while rushing for 596 yards and 11 touchdowns as a senior.
- Was a member of National Honor Society, received the Academic Achievement Award (4.2 GPA or better) and landed on the Academic Honor Roll.
- Grandfather Gary Gibboney played baseball and swam at Ball State.
- Carter David Putz is the son of David and Jennifer Putz. Has two brothers, Jude and Rohan.