Dec. 8, 2015
University of Notre Dame Men’s Basketball
Notre Dame 86, Stony Brook 61
Dec. 8, 2015
Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center – Notre Dame, Indiana
- The contest was the third meeting between Notre Dame and Stony Brook. The Fighting Irish own a 3-0 record against the Seawolves.
- Notre Dame moves to 16-0 all-time versus teams from the America East Conference.
- Mike Brey is 338-167 during his career at Notre Dame and 437-219 overall as head coach.
- Bonzie Colson (So./F), Steve Vasturia (Jr./G), Zach Auguste (Sr./F), Demetrius Jackson (Jr./G) and V.J. Beachem (Jr./F) started the contest for Notre Dame. The Irish are 6-2 this season with that starting quintet.
- Five players scored in double figures for the Irish: Auguste (23 points), Jackson (19), Beachem (14), Vasturia (10), Colson (10).
- With a three-pointer at the 18:05 mark of the first half, Demetrius Jackson extended the Irish streak to 555 consecutive games with a three-point field goal.
- Notre Dame led 40-32 at halftime. The Fighting Irish are 5-1 when leading after the first 20-minute stanza.
- Leading 46-42 in the second half, Notre Dame went on a decisive 12-2 run spanning 3:40 of the play to build a 14-point advantage over Stony Brook.
- The Irish shot 55 percent (33-60) from the field and 47 percent (8-17) from three-point range. Notre Dame also converted 12-17 (71 percent) from the charity stripe.
- The Irish are 3-0 in contests in which they shoot 50 percent or better from the field.
- Notre Dame outrebounded Stony Brook, 43-24. Notre Dame is 5-1 when holding an advantage on the boards this season.
- The Irish held a 42-38 advantage over Stony Brook in points earned in the paint.
Demetrius Jackson (Jr./G)
- Jackson posted the first double-double of his career, earning 19 points and a career-high 10 assists. His previous high of eight assists was recorded versus Northeastern (3/19/15).
- Jackson has scored in double figures in all eight games. Only he and Steve Vasturia have registered double figures in every game this season.
- Jackson has scored in double figures in 45 contests overall.
Zach Auguste (Sr./F)
- Led all scorers with a season-high 23 points.
- Auguste posted a double-double with 23 points and 11 rebounds.
- Auguste has scored in double figures in seven of eight games this season and registered a double-double in six of Notre Dame’s first eight games.
- He has grabbed 10-plus rebounds in six consecutive games (the longest streak of his career) and in seven games overall this season.
- Auguste has scored in double figures on 46 occasions during his career, grabbed 10-plus rebounds 13 times and registered 11 double-doubles.
V.J. Beachem (Jr./F)
- Beachem secured 14 points. He has reached double figures in 16 games during his collegiate career.
Steve Vasturia (Jr./G)
- Vasturia has scored in double figures all eight games for the Irish this season.
- His current 11-game double-figure scoring streak is the longest of his career and the longest active streak for any member of the Irish squad.
Bonzie Colson (So./F)
- With 10 points, Colson registered the 10th double-digit scoring outing of his career.