Jan. 2, 2016
Recap | Mike Brey is 0-7 all-time versus Virginia (0-4 in ACC play).
- Brey is now 341-169 during his career at Notre Dame and 440-221 overall as a head coach.
- Bonzie Colson (So./F), Steve Vasturia (Jr./G), Zach Auguste (Sr./F), Demetrius Jackson (Jr./G) and V.J. Beachem (Jr./F) started the contest for Notre Dame. The Irish are 9-4 this season with that starting quintet.
- Four players scored in double figures for the Irish: Jackson (18 points), Vasturia (14), Colson (14) and Beachem (10).
- Virginia finished with a 30-25 rebounding edge. The Irish are 1-3 this season failing to secure the battle on the boards.
- Notre Dame trailed 24-36 at halftime. The Irish are 1-2 when trailing after the first 20-minute stanza this season.
- With a 3-pointer at the 4:19 mark of the first half, Steve Vasturia extended the current Irish streak to 560 consecutive games with a 3-point field goal.
- Notre Dame attempted a season-low seven free throws. The Irish ultimately converted five of those attempts.
- Limited to eight turnovers against Virginia, the Irish have recorded seven games this season with 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Prior to the meeting with Virginia, Notre Dame’s three losses this season were by a combined 10 points. The Irish fell to the Cavaliers by an 11-point deficit.
Demetrius Jackson (Jr./G)
- With a team-high 18 points against the Cavaliers, Jackson has now scored in double figures in 11 of 13 outings this season.
- Overall, Jackson has registered double figures on 48 occasions.
- Jackson led the team for the 11th time this season with six assists.
Bonzie Colson (So./F)
- Colson secured double figures in scoring for the ninth time this season and 14th time during his collegiate career.
- He led the team with eight rebounds against Virginia.
Steve Vasturia (Jr./G)
- Vasturia reached double-figures on the score sheet for the 11th time this season and the 36th time in his career.
V.J. Beachem (Jr./F)
- Beachem continued his five-game double-figure scoring streak. The streak, which is the longest of his career, includes matchups with Stony Brook (14), Loyola Chicago (10), Indiana (18), Youngstown State (16) and Virginia (10).
Matt Ryan (Fr./F)
- Ryan drilled a 3-pointer for the seventh straight game, and the 11th time in 13 career contests overall, against Virginia.
- Earned all seven of his points in the second half of play.
Austin Torres (Sr./F)
- Torres contributed two points in a season-high 13 minutes of game action.