Feb. 3, 2011
– Tonight was the 101st meeting all-time between Notre Dame and DePaul. The Fighting Irish lead the series 57-44. Notre Dame has won the last six encounters with the Blue Demons. This was the only regular-season meeting between the two schools this season.
– Notre Dame’s 18-4 start matches the best 22-game record for the Irish under head coach Mike Brey. This is the fourth time during the Brey era that the Irish have started 18-4. The other times were 2002-03, 2006-07 and 2007-08.
– Notre Dame has won its last four BIG EAST games. It’s Notre Dame’s first four-game regular-season BIG EAST win streak since winning the final four regular-season league games last season.
– Ben Hansbrough (24 points) has scored 20-plus points a team-best eight times this season. He has reached double-figures a team-high 20 times this season (out of 22 games). He has led the Irish in scoring a team-best 12 times this season.
– Ben Hansbrough went 5-8 from three-point range. That marked the third time this season – and first in BIG EAST play – that he has hit at least five treys in a game.
– Senior forward Tyrone Nash (10 points) reached double-figures for the third time in the last four games and for the 11th time overall this season.
– Senior guard Scott Martin (15 points) registered a double-digit point total for the fourth straight game and for the 13th time overall this season. Martin has scored in double-figures in 10 of the past 11 games.
– Tim Abromaitis (13 points) netted double-digits for the 18th time this season. He had not scored in double-figures in the past two games.
– Ben Hansbrough’s three-pointer less than two minutes into the contest extended Notre Dame’s streak to 396 straight games with a made three-pointer. The Fighting Irish have made at least one three pointer during every game of the Mike Brey era.
– Senior forward Tyrone Nash made his first career three-pointer on just his second career attempt from beyond the arc.
– The Fighting Irish were 20-26 from the free throw line, while DePaul was 11-16. The Irish are 16-0 this season when making more free throws than their opponent.
– Notre Dame ended the first half on a 15-4 run to claim a 37-24 halftime lead. The Irish are 15-0 this season when leading at the intermission.
– Notre Dame committed only nine turnovers. The Irish have had fewer than 10 turnovers in a game seven times this season (three times in BIG EAST play).
– Notre Dame never trailed in tonight’s contest.
– Tonight’s 25-point victory was Notre Dame’s first win of 20 or more points in BIG EAST play since a 33-point home victory (90-57) over Louisville during the 2008-09 campaign. Notre Dame’s last 20-plus point victory in a BIG EAST road game was a 26-point win (95-69) at Seton Hall during the 2007-08 season.
– Notre Dame has scored 80 or more points in a game 10 times this season (twice in BIG EAST play).
– Seniors Carleton Scott (F), Tyrone Nash (F), Tim Abromaitis (F), Ben Hansbrough (G), and Scott Martin (G) started tonight’s contest. It marked the 16th time this season that quintet has started. Notre Dame is 14-2 this season when that group of seniors comprise the starting five.
– Tyrone Nash, Tim Abromaitis and Ben Hansbrough have started all 22 games this season, while Scott Martin has 21 starts. Carleton Scott, who missed four games earlier this season with a hamstring injury, has started 17 contests.
– Senior forward Tyrone Nash extended his consecutive games played streak to a team-best 72 contests. Nash, Tim Abromaitis (Sr./F) and Ben Hansbrough (Sr./G) all have played in the past 57 games. Nash and Hansbrough both have started all 57 of those contests.
– Tonight was Notre Dame’s first game following a nine-day layoff after a 56-51 win at No. 2 Pittsburgh on Jan. 24.