Feb. 14, 2010
Notre Dame (17-8, 6-6) vs. St. John’s (13-10, 3-8)
St. John’s 69, Notre Dame 68
Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center Notre Dame, Ind.
Feb. 14, 2010
- Notre Dame is 26-12 all-time on Valentine’s Day.
- The Irish last competed on Valentine’s Day in 2004, coming away with a 71-68 win over Seton Hall at home.
- Notre Dame’s streak of at least one made three-point field goal continued on Sunday when Ben Hansbrough knocked one in. It pushed the Irish’s feat to 365 consecutive games, which dates back to the 1998-99 season.
- Luke Harangody missed his first game of the 2009-10 season on Sunday after suffering an injury last week. Harangody had played in 54 consecutive contests dating back to the 2008-09 campaign.
- Tory Jackson moved into a tie for fourth place with Torin Frances at Notre Dame in games started at 113 and tied Harold Swanagan for fifth in games played at 127.
- The Fighting Irish had won five straight games over the Red Storm at the Purcell Pavilion before falling to St. John’s Sunday night. Notre Dame had not lost to St. John’s in South Bend since Feb. 24, 1999.
- Tim Abromaitis hit 32 straight free throws, which dated back to Jan. 27 at Villanova. The streak ended on Sunday with 33 seconds left in the first half during the front end of a one-and-one.
- Abromaitis scored at least 20 points for the seventh time this season.
- Hansbrough has scored in double figures in five straight games. Overall, the senior has eclipsed double digits in 18 contests.
- Tyrone Nash set a career high with 16 points and four assists against the Red Storm.