Nov. 13, 2015
University of Notre Dame Men’s Basketball
#19/18 Notre Dame 87, St. Francis (Pa.) 56
Nov. 13, 2015
Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center – Notre Dame, Indiana
- The Irish are now 93-18 (.838) in season openers. Notre Dame has won all 16 openers under head coach Mike Brey.
- Notre Dame improved to 13-0 all-time against St. Francis. The Irish also remained undefeated against current members of the Northeast Conference (25-0).
- Since opening the Purcell Pavilion, the Irish are 42-6 (0.875) in season openers at home. This marked the 16th straight season the Irish opened the season at home.
- Notre Dame is now 58-1 (0.983) at home in the month of November under Mike Brey.
- The Irish outrebounded the Red Flash, 53-31.
- With his three-pointer at the 12:19 mark of the first half, Demetrius Jackson extended the Irish streak to 548 consecutive games with a three-point field goal.
- Demetrius Jackson (Jr./G), Steve Vasturia (Jr./G), Zach Auguste (Sr./F), V.J. Beachem (Jr./F) and Bonzie Colson (So./F) started tonight’s contest ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢’Â¬Â¦ the Irish are 1-0 this season with that starting quintet.
Demetrius Jackson (Jr./G)
- Jackson collected 27 points in the game, marking the 38th time in his career he has scored in double figures.
- Jackson’s point tally was a career high for the junior captain. His previous high was 22 points against Michigan State (12/3/14) and Purdue (12/20/14).
- Jackson’s 10 made field goals was also a career high. His previous best was seven on three occasions.
Zach Auguste (Sr./F)
- Auguste recorded his sixth career double-double, scoring 15 points and grabbing 14 boards against the Red Flash. Auguste’s performance was also the 40th time in his career that he totaled 10 or more points in a contest.
- Auguste’s 14 boards were a career high for the senior forward from Massachusetts. His previous high was 13 rebounds against both North Carolina (3/14/15) and Butler (3/21/15).
Steve Vasturia (Jr./G)
- Vasturia totaled 10 points in the game. Vasturia now has 26 career double-digit performances in an Irish uniform.
Matt Farrell (So./G)
- Farrell scored seven points in the game against St. Francis, which was a career high. His previous career high was three points on two occasions.
- Farrell collected three rebounds in the contest, another career high for the sophomore. His previous career high was two rebounds against Virginia Tech (1/22/15).
Matt Ryan (Fr./F)
- Ryan netted his first collegiate points with a three-point field goal with 11:40 left in the first half. Ryan ended the game with nine points.
V.J. Beachem (Jr./F)
- Beachem collected six rebounds, which was a career high for the junior forward. His previous career high was four on four different occasions.
- Beachem made his second career start for the Irish in the contest against St. Francis.
Bonzie Colson (So./F)
- Colson collected his second career start for Notre Dame in the contest against the Red Flash.