Dec. 7, 2013
Notre Dame Men’s Basketball Postgame Notes
Notre Dame 80, Delaware 75
December 7, 2013
Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center – Notre Dame, Ind.
– Today was the first meeting between Notre Dame and Delaware.
– Notre Dame led 43-35 at halftime as it closed the half on a 13-1 run …the Irish are 6-0 when leading at halftime this season.
– Eric Atkins (Sr./G), Pat Connaughton (Jr./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Demetrius Jackson (Fr./G) and Garrick Sherman (GS/C) started tonight’s contest… it marked the third straight game that quintet has started for the Fighting Irish …the Irish are 2-1 in those contests.
– With the victory, the Irish are now 12-0 against Colonial Athletic Association teams.
– Notre Dame is 58-4 (.935) in its last 62 home games… the Irish have won five straight home contests.
– A Jerian Grant three-pointer at the 13:54 mark of the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 485.
Eric Atkins (Sr./G)
– Dished out six assists without turning it over once …Atkins entered the game as the nation’s leader in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.40) …he now has 473 assists and just 194 turnover, which is good for a ratio of 2.44.
Pat Connaughton (Jr./G)
– Notched his second double-double of the season with 21 points, 11 rebounds against the Blue Hens …both the 21 points and the 11 boards are season highs for the junior
– Recorded three steals in the game, which is tied for a career high …he now has three steals in three games over his career.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
– Scored 25 points… marks the fourth time this season and 12th time in his career that he has scored over 20 points in a game. – Set a career high with 10 made field goals in the game.
– Collected a season high five rebounds.
Garrick Sherman (GS/C)
– Prior to his miss in the second half, Sherman had converted his last 13 free throws.
– Scored in double figures (19) for the fifth straight contest and sixth time this season.