Dec. 20, 2014
- This was the 42nd meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Purdue … the Fighting Irish own a 22-20 edge in the series … Notre Dame is 10-2 versus Purdue in Indianapolis (2-0 in the Crossroads Classic) … the Irish are 3-0 against the Boilermakers under Mike Brey.
- Notre Dame improved to 3-1 in the Crossroads Classic, which ties the Irish with Butler for the best record at the event … the Fighting Irish have won their last three Crossroads Classic showdowns, which is the longest active streak for any of the four schools.
- The Fighting Irish are 7-4 in Indianapolis under Mike Brey, including a 5-3 mark inside Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
- Under Mike Brey, Notre Dame is 9-12 when playing a Big Ten Conference opponent … the Irish are 4-2 versus the Big Ten in Indianapolis under Brey … Notre Dame is 266-232-1 all-time versus teams that currently comprise the Big Ten … the Fighting Irish are 2-0 against the Big Ten this season (79-78 overtime win over Michigan State on Dec. 3).
- Notre Dame had six double-figure scorers (Jackson 22, Connaughton 19, Torres 11, Vasturia 11, Grant 10, Auguste 10) for the first time since Dec. 1, 2013 (vs. Cornell) … the Irish have had at least four players reach double-figures in 11 of 12 games this season … this was the third game with five or more double-figure scorers.
- The Fighting Irish shot 51.6% (33-64) from the field … Notre Dame has shot 50.0% or above in 11 of 12 games this season.
- Purdue shot 39.3% (24-61) from the field … Notre Dame has held nine of 12 opponents under 40.0% shooting from the floor this season.
- Today was the fifth time this season the Fighting Irish scored 90 or more points.
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started today’s contest … that quintet has started all 12 games this season.
- Notre Dame led 46-39 at halftime … the Irish are 11-0 this season when leading at the intermission.
- Purdue’s 39 first-half points matched the most the Irish have surrendered in an opening half this season (Providence had 39 on Nov. 23).
- Notre Dame tied a season-high mark with 20 made free throws (on 28 attempts).
- Notre Dame committed just seven turnovers … it was the eighth time this season the Irish had fewer than 10 turnovers in a game.
- A three-pointer by Pat Connaughton in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 521.
- Notre Dame is 4-0 this season when wearing gold uniforms.
Zach Auguste (Jr./F)
- Scored in double-figures (10 points) for the fourth straight game and the 10th time this season … it was the 21st double-figure scoring effort of his career.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- Notched his team-best third double-double of the season with 19 points and a career-high tying 14 rebounds … has 10 career double-doubles, which are the most for any current Irish player.
- Scored in double-figures for the ninth time this season and the 57th time of his career.
- Has hauled down 10-plus rebounds four times this season (a team-high total) and 14 times in his career.
- Made his 94th consecutive start and the 97th overall of his career… has played in all 113 games during his Fighting Irish career.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- Scored 10 points … has reached double-figures in points in each of his last 14 games and 77 times during his career, which are the most for any current Fighting Irish player.
- He is the only Irish player to score in double-figures in all 12 games this season.
- Dished out nine assists and did not commit a turnover … it was the second time this season he’s had nine or more assists in a game.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
- Tied a career-high total with 22 points … he also netted 22 earlier this season versus Michigan State (Dec. 3) … it marked the 10th time this season (third straight game) and the 17th time of his career that he’s scored in double-figures.
- Shot 7-of-10 from the field, including 3-of-3 from three-point range.
Austin Torres (So./F)
- Scored a career-high 11 points … his previous high was four against Coppin State and Florida State earlier this season.
Steve Vasturia (So./G)
- Scored in double-figures (11 points) for the fifth time this season and the ninth time of his career.