March 4, 2015
- The win improved Notre Dame to 25-5 overall and 13-4 in ACC play … the Irish are 5-0 this season following a loss.
- Notre Dame has won at least 25 games four times in the last eight seasons, including twice in the last three campaigns … this is just the sixth time in school history that Notre Dame has won at least 25 games.
- This is the third season Notre Dame has won at least 13 conference games (program record is 14 in 2007-08 & 2010-11).
- Notre Dame finished ACC road play 7-2 this season … the seven wins are the most ever for the Irish on the road in league play (Irish had never won six on the road prior to this season).
- The Fighting Irish are 4-2 versus ranked opponents this season.
- The No. 16/14 Cardinals are the highest-ranked opponent Notre Dame has defeated on the road since a 67-65 double-overtime victory at No. 11/10 Louisville on Jan. 7, 2012.
- The Fighting Irish shot 53.5 percent from the field … it was the 19th time this season (seventh in ACC play) Notre Dame shot 50 percent or above from the floor.
- The Irish were 20-of-25 (.800) from the free throw line … Notre Dame is 80-of-95 (.842) from the charity stripe in the last four games.
- Notre Dame led 42-31 at halftime … the Fighting Irish are 19-2 this season when ahead at the intermission.
- This was the 33rd meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Louisville and the first as ACC foes … the Cardinals lead the series 20-13 and they had won two straight against the Irish prior to tonight … Notre Dame has won two of the last three showdowns at Louisville … the Fighting Irish are 3-10 all-time when facing the Cardinals in Louisville.
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started tonight’s contest … the Irish are 23-5 this season with that starting quintet.
- A three-pointer from Pat Connaughton in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 539.
Bonzie Colson (Fr./F)
- Posted career-high marks for points (17) and rebounds (9) … his previous career-high point total was 16, which he achieved in each of the last two contests.
- Scored in double-figures for the third straight game and for the fourth time this season (all in ACC play).
- Was 7-of-7 from the field.
- Played a career-high 26 minutes.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- He has made at least one three-pointer in 20 consecutive games, which is the longest streak for any Irish player this season.
- Made his 112th consecutive start and his 115th career start overall … has played in all 131 games during his Notre Dame career … is fourth in school history in games played and fifth in games started.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- Scored in double-figures (12 points) for a team-best 27th time this season (14 ACC games) … has reached double-digits in each of the last five games, which is the longest active streak on the team … has reached double-figures 92 times during his career.
- Dished out a game-high seven assists.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
- Scored a team-high 21 points … it was the third time this season – and of his career – that he scored 20-plus points in a game … the 21 points were the most he’s ever scored in a conference game.
- Scored in double-figures for the 24th time this season (13 ACC games) … has reached double-digits 31 times during his career.
- Was 7-of-7 from the free throw line … the seven made free throws were a career-high mark.
- Had a game-high four steals.
Steve Vasturia (So./G)
- Netted double-figures (10 points) for the 15th time this season (nine ACC games) … has 19 double-figure scoring efforts during his career.
- Was 5-of-5 from the free throw line.