Dec. 13, 2014
- This was the third meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Florida State and the second as ACC counterparts … the Seminoles hold a 2-1 edge in the series … this was Florida State’s first trip to Notre Dame.
- Notre Dame is 2-0 in ACC openers … the Fighting Irish defeated Duke, 79-77, in last season’s conference opener.
- The Fighting Irish shot 51.7% (31-60) from the field … Notre Dame has shot 50.0% or above in 10 of 11 games this season.
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started tonight’s contest … that quintet has started all 11 games this season.
- Notre Dame led 38-30 at halftime … the Irish are 10-0 this season when leading at the intermission.
- Notre Dame’s 83 points were the most ever for the Irish in an ACC game.
- The 20-point win was Notre Dame’s largest margin of victory ever in an ACC game.
- Florida State shot 39.7% (25-63) from the field … Notre Dame has held eight of 11 opponents under 40.0% shooting from the floor this season.
- Notre Dame committed just five turnovers … it was the seventh time this season the Irish had fewer than 10 turnovers in a game.
- A three-pointer by Pat Connaughton early in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 520.
Zach Auguste (Jr./F)
- Scored a career-high 26 points … his previous high was 21 versus Coppin State on Nov. 19, 2014.
- Scored in double-figures for the third straight game and the ninth time this season … it was the 20th double-figure effort of his career (seventh time in an ACC contest).
- Prior to tonight, his previous high point total in a conference game was 15 versus Marquette on March 2, 2013.
- It was the third time this season (and career) that he’s scored 20-plus points in a game.
- Was 11-of-15 from the field … the 11 made field goals were a career best.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- His first three-pointer of the game was the 200th for his career … he is the eighth Notre Dame player to drain at least 200 treys during his career.
- Made his 93rd consecutive start and the 96th overall of his career… has played in all 112 games during his Fighting Irish career.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- With his second assist of the game he reached the 500-assist mark for his career … he is the program’s sixth member of the 1,000-point, 500-assist club … he is the first Fighting Irish player to join that fraternity since Eric Atkins did so last season … Grant has 1,319 points and 503 assists during his career.
- Scored 18 points … has reached double-figures in points in each of his last 13 games and 76 times during his career, which are the most for any current Fighting Irish player.
- He is the only Irish player to score in double-figures in all 11 games this season.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
- Netted double-figures with 18 points … it marked the ninth time this season and the 16th time of his career that he’s scored in double-figures (fourth time in an ACC game) … they were the most points he’s scored in an ACC game.
- Pulled down a season-high seven rebounds.