Nov. 29, 2014
- Notre Dame scored 90-plus points for the third time this season … the Irish also had 90 or more versus Navy (92) and Coppin State (104).
- Notre Dame has scored at least 74 points in each of its first seven games this year … it marks the first time that the Irish have opened a season with seven-straight 74-point or more efforts on offense since the 2001-02 squad posted eight straight to begin the campaign.
- The Fighting Irish were 14-of-25 (56%) from three-point range … those were the most treys for the Irish since they hit 20 against Villanova on Feb. 28, 2011.
- Notre Dame has combined for 26 three-pointers in the last two games (12 vs. Grambling State & 14 vs. Chicago State) … the Irish combined to shoot 50.0% from beyond the arc in those contests.
- The Irish shot 31-of-53 (58.5%) from the field in today’s game … the Fighting Irish have shot 50% or above from the floor in every game this season.
- Notre Dame had 22 assists on 31 baskets (71 percent) … the Irish have had over 20 assists in each of the last two games.
- The 48-point margin of victory was the largest for Notre Dame since a 50-point win (101-51) over Rider on Dec. 28, 2006.
- Chicago State’s 22 first-half points were the fewest allowed by Notre Dame in an opening half since last season when the Irish surrendered 21 to Stetson (Nov. 10, 2013).
- Notre Dame allowed fewer than 50 points for the second time this season … the Irish gave up a season-low 39 points to Binghamton in the season opener.
- Notre Dame is now 55-1 at home in the month of November under head coach Mike Brey, including a 5-0 mark this year.
- A three-pointer by Jerian Grant early in the first half upped Notre Dame’s streak of consecutive games with a made three-pointer to 516.
- This was the third meeting all-time between Notre Dame and Chicago State … the Fighting Irish have won all three contests … the two schools also met during the 2010-11 (102-62) and 2012-13 (92-65) campaigns … all three games have been at Notre Dame.
- Demetrius Jackson (So./G), Jerian Grant (Sr./G), Steve Vasturia (So./G), Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F) and Zach Auguste (Jr./F) started today’s contest … that quintet has started all seven games this season.
- Notre Dame led 44-22 at halftime … the Irish are 6-0 this season when leading at the intermission.
- The Fighting Irish wore their gold uniforms for the first time this season.
V.J. Beachem (So./F)
- Scored in double-figures (11 points) for the third time this season and the fifth time of his career.
Pat Connaughton (Sr./G-F)
- Scored in double-figures (17 points) for the fourth straight game and the sixth time this season (54th time of his career).
- Made his 89th consecutive start and the 92nd overall of his career… has played in all 109 games during his Fighting Irish career.
Jerian Grant (Sr./G)
- Tied a career-high mark with 26 points … he also netted 26 last season versus Miami (Ohio) on Nov. 8, 2013.
- Made a career-high six three-pointers (on eight attempts) … his previous high for treys in a game was five on two occasions … the six three-pointers were the most for an Irish player since Pat Connaughton deposited six last season at Miami (Fla.) on Feb. 19, 2014.
- Today marked the third time in the last four games that he’s netted 20 or more points … has scored 20-plus points 17 times during his career.
- Has reached double-figures in points in each of his last nine games and 72 times during his career, which are the most for any current Fighting Irish player.
- He is the only Irish player to score in double-figures in every game this season.
Demetrius Jackson (So./G)
- His 11-point performance marked the fifth straight game and sixth time this season that he has scored in double figures … his five-game double-figure scoring streak is the longest of his career … has netted double-figures 13 times during his career.