COLUMBUS, Ohio — No. 16/12 Notre Dame notched three more individual wins at the Ohio State Winter Invite, as Charles Korndorffer and Joe Turk recorded first-place finishes, while both Korndorffer and Alec DeLong recorded personal bests. The team total now stands at seven individual wins.
In the morning, Korndorffer recorded the top preliminary time in both the men’s 100 Fly (47.64 – personal best) and the men’s 100 Back (48.72). Joe Turk added on to success from the first day, claiming the top preliminary time in the men’s 400 IM (3:53.78).
The two held onto their top finishes in the finals races, as Korndorffer won the 100 Fly with a 48.16 and improved to a 48.68 (personal best) in the 100 Back. Turk shaved three seconds off, turning in a win in the 400 IM (3:50.71- B Cut).
Other top five times included:
- Kelly Jacob – third in the women’s 200 Free (1:50.54)
- Liam Hutchinson – second in the men’s 200 Free (1:37.72)
- Alec DeLong – fourth in the men’s 200 Free (1:37.81 – personal best)
- JP Becker – fourth in the men’s 100 Breast (57.00)
- Michael Rosa – fifth in the men’s 100 Breast (57.41)
- Nicholas Chase – third in the men’s 100 Back (49.75)
“It was another good night for us at the Ohio State Invitational,” Notre Dame head coach Mike Litzinger noted. “We’re rolling through the meet and enjoying some fast swimming. We’re looking forward to finishing up tomorrow.”
The Irish return to the pool at 11 a.m. Sunday for prelims, with finals beginning at 4 p.m.