Oct. 5, 2011
NOTRE DAME, Ind. –
The Monogram Club will host it’s usual slate of home football weekend events Oct. 7-8 as the football team prepares for its 3:30 p.m. matchup with Air Force on Saturday. In addition, the Club is honored to play a role in the statue dedication for former head coach Dan Devine.
A full schedule of Monogram Club events is included below.
Friday, October 7
– The Dan Devine statue dedication will take place at 3:30 p.m. at Notre Dame Stadium’s Gate A, which in 2010 was designated the Dan Devine gate when the sculptures of Knute Rockne (north tunnel), Ara Parseghian (Gate B), Frank Leahy (Gate C) and Lou Holtz (Gate D) were re-located outside the stadium walls. Rockne, Parseghian, Leahy, Holtz and Devine are the five former Irish football coaches – all of them Hall of Fame inductees – who have won one or more national titles at Notre Dame.
The dedication is a private, ticketed event – but there will be areas for public viewing. More than 50 members of the Devine family are expected to return to campus for the sculpture dedication.
– All dues-paying football alumni are invited to attend the Monogram Club’s Friday Night Football Reception held in the Schivarelli Players’ Lounge located in the north end of Notre Dame Stadium. Football alumni may bring up to four guests to the reception. The lounge is open from 7:00-10:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 8
– All dues-paying Monogram Club members are invited to attend the Club’s pre-game reception beginning at 12:30 p.m. in the Monogram Room. Members may bring up to five guests to the event and must present a membership card to be admitted. Free food and a cash bar will be provided.
– The Club’s post-game Mass will start 30 minutes after the conclusion of the game (approx. 7:00 p.m.) against Michigan State and will be led by athletics department chaplain Rev. Paul Doyle C.S.C. ’65 in the Monogram Room.
– If you have any questions about the above events, please call the Monogram Club office at (574) 631-5450.
– For a complete list of this weekend’s Monogram events and those scheduled for other 2011 home football weekends, please click here.