NOTRE DAME, Ind. – Notre Dame wraps up the regular season of the fall portion of the schedule at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, Nov. 6 against Louisville at Alumni Stadium. The match will be broadcast on RSN and will air on Marquee Network in the Northern Indiana region.
NOTRE DAME vs. LOUISVILLE
Location: Notre Dame, Indiana | Alumni Stadium
Live Stream: RSN (Northern Indiana: Marquee Sports Network)
Live Stats: Click Here
Twitter Updates: @NDMenSoccer
Game Notes: vs. Louisville
THE LOUISVILLE SERIES
• The Irish and Cardinals will meet on the pitch for the 22nd time on Friday evening.
• The Irish lead the series with a mark of 12-8-1.
• Notre Dame is 9-0-0 when playing at home against the Cardinals in the series.
• Louisville won the first matchup this season, claiming a 2-1 win in Louisville on Oct. 3.
• The Irish won the last meeting at Alumni Stadium, outlasting the Cardinals in OT with a 2-1 victory.
LYNN LEADS THE LINE
• Junior forward Jack Lynn leads all Notre Dame active players in career goals with 16 and goals on the season with three.
• Despite battling injuries to start the season, Lynn has scored in three of his last four games, including the match winner against Syracuse.
• The forward enjoyed a breakout 2019 campaign, scoring a career-high 10 goals to lead the Irish attack.
CAPITALIZING ON CORNERS
• Through six games the Irish have scored four goals off set pieces during the 2020 campaign.
• Three of the four goals have come off corners with the service from senior Aiden McFadden on two goals and freshman Paddy Burns on the other.
• Freshman Daniel Russo headed in a goal in the opener against Kentucky to give the Irish the 1-0 win.
• In the second game of the season sophomore Michael Pellegrino half volleyed a shot from just inside the box to level the score at 1-1 against No. 4 Pitt.
• The Irish perfectly executed a training ground corner in the sixth minute, as Burns rolled a pass to Jack Lynn, sho slotted just inside the post.
KEEP IT CLEAN
• Senior goalkeeper Keagan McLaughlin has recorded five clean sheets in his nine career starts in goal for the Irish.
• McLaughlin has helped Notre Dame record two shutout wins this season, coming in 1-0 wins over Kentucky and Syracuse.
• The senior shot stopper recorded a career-high four saves in both wins this season.
• McLaughlin kept clean sheets in all three starts during the 2019 campaign, coming in wins over Denver, Michigan State and Purdue Fort Wayne.
• Senior forward Aiden McFadden is living up to his No. 10 jersey this season, totaling three assists through six games.
• All three of McFadden’s assists have come off crosses, including two from service from corners.
• Despite not getting credited with an assist, McFadden provided the final touch from a Notre Dame player in the double overtime own goal to help the Irish defeat the Cavaliers on Oct. 24.
CHALLENGING SLATE AHEAD
• The Irish have never shied away from playing a challenging slate of opponents and the 2020 schedule looks to be no different.
• Notre Dame is set to play seven regular-season matches in the fall, five counting as ACC play.
• All seven matches feature teams that played in last season’s NCAA Tournament.
• The only team the Irish face from outside the ACC is Kentucky in the season-opener, which Notre Dame won by a final of 1-0.
RILEY IN YEAR THREE AT NOTRE DAME
• Head Coach Chad Riley is in his third season at the helm of his alma mater.
• Riley has led the Irish to back-to-back NCAA Tournament appearances since taking the reins of the program.
• The Irish have a record of 24-17-4 during Riley’s tenure.
• Riley became the first head coach in program history to reach the NCAA quarterfinals in his debut season after earning the No. 7 overall seed in the tournament.