Notre Dame travels to Louisville for their first road match of the season and their ACC opener. The match is slated to begin at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, Oct. 3 at Lynn Stadium. The match will be available to stream live on ACCNX.
THE LOUISVILLE SERIES
• The Irish and Cardinals will meet on the pitch for the 21st time on Saturday afternoon.
• The Irish lead the series with a mark of 12-7-1.
• Notre Dame is 3-6-0 when playing at Louisville in the series.
• The two sides played twice during the 2018 season, with the two teams splitting the series. The Irish picked up a 2-1 regular season win at home before falling to the Cardinals 1-0 in the ACC quarterfinals.
Set Piece Success
• Through two games the Irish have scored two goals off set pieces during the 2020 campaign.
• Both goals have come off corners with the service from senior Aiden McFadden.
• Freshman Daniel Russo headed in a goal in the opener against Kentucky to give the Irish the 1-0 win.
• In the second game of the season sophomore Michael Pellegrino half volleyed a shot from just inside the box to level the score at 1-1 against No. 4 Pitt.
STARTING STRONG IN THE ACC
• Notre Dame enters its eighth season competing in the ACC in 2020.
• Over the prior seven years the Irish have started league play off on the right foot, owning a 5-1-1 record in ACC openers.
• Notre Dame’s lone defeat came last season at the hands of Clemson.
• The Irish are 3-0-0 in conference openers on the road.
• Saturday’s match will mark the first time the Irish have opened ACC play against the Cardinals.
CHALLENGING SLATE AHEAD
• The Irish have never shied away from playing a challenging slate of opponents and the 2020 schedule looks to be no different.
• Notre Dame is set to play eight regular-season matches in the fall, six counting as ACC play.
• All eight matches will feature teams that played in last season’s NCAA Tournament.
• The only team the Irish face from outside the ACC is Kentucky in the season-opener, which Notre Dame won by a final of 1-0.
• The Irish also technically play another non-conference match against Pitt on Saturday, Sept. 26.
2020 ATTENDANCE POLICY FOR HOME MATCHES
• Until further notice, while the University is in session during the fall semester, spectators will not be allowed at home sporting events unless otherwise specified.
• The University will monitor the health and safety of the campus and local community throughout the fall semester – working closely with health officials in formulating policies and procedures.
• All home games for men’s soccer will air on ACCN or ACCNX.