COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Irish added four more event wins on the Ohio State Winter Invite Sunday, rounding out the weekend total to 11. Joe Turk and Charles Korndorffer each added individual wins, while both Notre Dame relays placed first.
In the morning, Turk noted the top time coming out of prelims with a 1:47.72 in the men’s 200 Back. He held onto the top spot in the event in finals, touching the wall in 1:46.01 for his third individual win of the weekend.
“Joe Turk finished off his senior career very well,” Notre Dame head coach Mike Litzinger shared. “We’re very proud of all of our seniors, and Joe had an exceptional meet.”
Korndorffer also added his third win of the meet, placing first in the men’s 200 Fly (1:46.45 – B Cut).
The women’s 400 Free Relay team of Maddy Potter, Kelly Jacob, Sammy Steigerwald and Katie Smith came in first with a 3:28.88, while the men’s 400 Free Relay team of Alec DeLong, Topher Stensby, Luke Thornbrue and Liam Hutchinson posted a 3:00.66
Other top five finishes included:
- Nicholas Chase – third in the men’s 200 Back (1:52.38)
- Kelly Jacob – third in the women’s 100 Free (51.19)
- Alec DeLong – second in the men’s 100 Free (44.62)
- Topher Stensby – third in the men’s 100 Free (44.79)
- Liam Hutchinson – fifth in the men’s 100 Free (45.70)
- Sammie Eyolfson – third in the women’s 200 Breast (2:17.33)
- JP Becker – second in the men’s 200 Breast (2:00.83)
- Maddy Potter – third in the women’s 200 Fly (2:03.01)
“Charles Korndorffer, Alec Delong and Topher Stensby are kind of proving themselves at this meet, so we’re excited for them,” Litzinger said. “We are looking forward to the next two weeks for the ACC Championships.”
With the invite now concluded, Notre Dame will move towards the postseason, beginning with the ACC Diving and Women’s Swimming Championships this week.