NOTRE DAME, Ind. — The Irish continue ACC play with two more home matches this weekend against Clemson and Georgia Tech. Notre Dame meets the the Tigers on Friday, October 4th at 7 p.m. before taking on the Yellow Jackets on Sunday, October 6th at 7 p.m. Both matches are set to be streamed live on ACC Network Extra.
NOTRE DAME vs. CLEMSON & GEORGIA TECH
Location: Notre Dame, Ind. – Purcell Pavilion | Buy Tickets
How To Watch: ACCN Extra (Clemson) | ACCN Extra (Georgia Tech)
Live Stats: Live Stats (Clemson) | Live Stats (Georgia Tech)
Twitter Updates: @NDVolleyball
Game Notes: Clemson & Georgia Tech
HISTORY VS. CLEMSON
Friday marks the ninth time the Irish and Tigers will be squaring off. Notre Dame enters the contest with a five-game winning streak against Clemson, including four consecutive sweeps dating back to November 22nd, 2015. In ACC matches, the Irish own a 5-2 mark against Clemson and a 2-1 record inside Purcell Pavilion.
HISTORY VS. GEORGIA TECH
Notre Dame and Georgia Tech will be meeting for the ninth time on Sunday, with the Yellow Jackets holding a 5-3 advantage. Last season, the Irish picked up a five-set victory at Georgia Tech on September 30th, 2018. Charley Niego racked up 23 kills in the win while classmate Zoe Nunez posted a career-high 64 assists.
The Irish have totaled 124.5 team blocks this season, which ranks second in the ACC, and are currently out-blocking their opponents by a +26.5 margin. Graduate student Kristin Baer leads the conference with 63 total blocks entering this week while sophomore Lauren Wenzel ranks seventh in the ACC with 50 blocks.
Notre Dame opened conference play last weekend with a pair of sweeps over North Carolina and NC State. A season ago, the Irish swept 11 opponents including five ACC foes.
DIGGING THE VIBE
Notre Dame leads the conference with an average of 16.04 digs per set. The Irish have earned 70+ digs in four matches so far in 2019, including a 79-dig effort in a five-srt victory over Michigan on September 18th.
- 40 – Irish Volleyball is in the midst of its 40th season of competition at the University
- 16.04 – Entering the weekend, the Irish lead the ACC with an average of 16.04 digs per set.
- 10.60 – Zoe Nunez currently ranks second in the conference with an average of 10.60 assists per set. The sophomore has racked up 509 assists, which also ranks third in the ACC, in her first 12 matches of the 2019 season.
- 63 – Graduate student Kristin Baer leads the conference with 63 total blocks entering this week while sophomore Lauren Wenzel ranks seventh in the ACC with 50 blocks.
- 30 — Notre Dame has posted 30 wins on its home floor over the past three seasons.
- 124.5 — The Irish have totaled 124.5 team blocks this season. They are currently out-blocking their opponents by a +26.5 margin.